New PC, would like to hear your opinions

i opened a post here a while ago, and listened to you guys and completely changed the old build. the main use of the computer will be for gaming, and since i'm buying in israel, my budget is around 1300 US dollars on pcpartpicker (which will end up more once i buy it here).

i would like to hear any opinions about the build :) it's attached.

thank you very much in advance.

current build 26.5.17.png

P.S. i already have an SSD in my current PC, which i'll be transferring, hence no SSD here.

Edit: it's easy to miss, but the RAM has quantity of 2, so it's basically 2 sticks of 8gb each :)

Edit#2: I've listened to the comments here and changed the build, the current version looks something like this:

current build 26.5.17 #3.png

Get the R5 1600 and overclock it with the included stock cooler instead. With the saved money, you could probably get 16GB of RAM.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Get the R5 1600 and overclock it with the included stock cooler instead. With the saved money, you could probably get 16GB of RAM.

i thought of perhaps taking the X and OC'ing it with the cooler i attached. is that not better? and btw, the ram has quantity of 2 :)

7 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

i opened a post here a while ago, and listened to you guys and completely changed the old build. the main use of the computer will be for gaming, and since i'm buying in israel, my budget is around 1300 US dollars on pcpartpicker (which will end up more once i buy it here).

P.S. i already have an SSD in my current PC, which i'll be transferring, hence no SSD here.

Yeah I'd say if you could 16gb of ram would be good

my bad

| Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

Just now, Cuddlez said:

Yeah I'd say if you could 16gb of ram would be good

thank you for the response :) it's pretty easy to miss, but the ram has quantity of 2, so it's 8gbX2. is there anything else you noticed i could change for the better?

2 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

thank you for the response :) it's pretty easy to miss, but the ram has quantity of 2, so it's 8gbX2. is there anything else you noticed i could change for the better?

Maybe put in an SSD for gaming?

| Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

Just now, Cuddlez said:

Maybe put in an SSD for gaming?

i have a samsung evo 850 250gb in my old rig, which i'll be transferring to the new one :D hence no SSD in this purchase. thanks!

7 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

i thought of perhaps taking the X and OC'ing it with the cooler i attached. is that not better? and btw, the ram has quantity of 2 :)

Ah, crap I missed that. I'd grab some faster sticks of RAM then... a 16GB kit of 3000MHz memory would do nicely.

No, the R5 1600 overclocks just as well as the R5 1600X. Getting the R5 1600X isn't worth it, especially when the R5 1600 comes with a cooler that's actually decent.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Ah, crap I missed that. I'd grab some faster sticks of RAM then... a 16GB kit of 3000MHz memory would do nicely.

No, the R5 1600 overclocks just as well as the R5 1600X. Getting the R5 1600X isn't worth it, especially when the R5 1600 comes with a cooler that's actually decent.

thanks for the response :)

okay so i changed the build a bit according to what you said

current build 26.5.17 #2.png

does the mobo support 3000Mhz speed? i only found the following line in the specifications:

1. Support for DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2667*/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
    * Support for higher than DDR4 2667 MHz may vary by CPU.

doesn't specifically mention 3000Mhz here. sorry if it's a silly question, i am quite new at this.

2 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

does the mobo support 3000Mhz speed? i only found the following line in the specifications:

doesn't specifically mention 3000Mhz here.

3000Mhz RAM will run at 2933, 3200Mhz RAM will run at full speed. 

idk

23 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

current build 26.5.17.png

Edit: it's easy to miss, but the RAM has quantity of 2, so it's basically 2 sticks of 8gb each :)

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Just wanted to post about the faster RAM too :)

I also agree with the 1600 vs 1600X. 1600 has a really good cooler that can get you a really decent overclock. For that money I would grab faster RAM or maybe even a faster SSD, something like 960 EVO (but that one is a long stretch).

Try, fail, learn, repeat...

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

3000Mhz RAM will run at 2933, 3200Mhz RAM will run at full speed. 

1 minute ago, zwirek2201 said:

I also agree with the 1600 vs 1600X. 1600 has a really good cooler that can get you a really decent overclock. For that money I would grab faster RAM or maybe even a faster SSD, something like 960 EVO (but that one is a long stretch).

thanks guys :) SSD is something that is not quite top priority for me right now, as i still have the solid evo 850 which is functioning perfectly.

due to the difference between 3000Mhz and 3200Mhz being about the price of a pizza, i took the extra step and upgraded to 3200Mhz.

you could shed the PSU down to 550W - 650W is overkill unless you want to SLI in the future - and save some $$$

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

you could shed the PSU down to 550W - 650W is overkill unless you want to SLI in the future - and save some $$$

true, i know it's a bit of an overkill, but 1) i can only buy from that website to make my life easier and they don't have all the PSU's out there and 2) it surprisingly doesn't save too much money. 

the one i chose is in the tier 1 of the PSU's according to the psu tier thread here and it's actually not that expensive compared to tier 1 550w or 600w in the website.

52 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

The noctua cooler you chose isn't a huge upgrade over the 1600's stock. You'd be saving the money for the 1600x over the 1600 as well as the cost of the cooler for not much of a performance increase.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

The noctua cooler you chose isn't a huge upgrade over the 1600's stock. You'd be saving the money for the 1600x over the 1600 as well as the cost of the cooler for not much of a performance increase.

yes, i learned a new thing :) i changed it to 1600 and removed the cpu cooler, you can see the current build a few posts above you. thanks!

39 minutes ago, zwirek2201 said:

NVMe doesn't improve boot times or app launch times, it's only useful for prosumers.

35 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

thanks guys :) SSD is something that is not quite top priority for me right now, as i still have the solid evo 850 which is functioning perfectly.

due to the difference between 3000Mhz and 3200Mhz being about the price of a pizza, i took the extra step and upgraded to 3200Mhz.

Note that not all 3200 MHz ram can actually do that on Ryzen, you should check the mobo memory qvl list first. It looks like this kit is on the qvl list though, so it should be able to reach 3200 MHz. Note though that I have heard of some boards having funky behavior or limiting performance (heard of storage performance being limited) so you might end up having to run it at 2933

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Note that not all 3200 MHz ram can actually do that on Ryzen, you should check the mobo memory qvl list first. It looks like this kit is on the qvl list though, so it should be able to reach 3200 MHz. Note though that I have heard of some boards having funky behavior or limiting performance (heard of storage performance being limited) so you might end up having to run it at 2933

i checked the mobo, it said the following:

i am not too familiar with this stuff. i guess this means that the mobo supports 3200Mhz but it depends on what the ryzen can utilize. do you think it can utilize full 3200Mhz?

to be honest, worst case scenario, if it actually runs on 2933Mhz, i only paid a small extra price (50 shekels, which is about the price of a good pizza here, so not a biggie).

3 minutes ago, Vikingee said:

i checked the mobo, it said the following:

i am not too familiar with this stuff. i guess this means that the mobo supports 3200Mhz but it depends on what the ryzen can utilize. do you think it can utilize full 3200Mhz?

to be honest, worst case scenario, if it actually runs on 2933Mhz, i only paid a small extra price (50 shekels, which is about the price of a good pizza here), so not a biggie).

It can support it, but not all ram modules will be able to run at 3200, depending on what kit of ram you chose. The kit you chose though SHOULD be able to hit 3200.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It can support it, but not all ram modules will be able to run at 3200, depending on what kit of ram you chose. The kit you chose though SHOULD be able to hit 3200.

alright, this sounds promising enough :) thank you for all your help mate!

For a ram kit go with G.skill flare X as it currently is supports ryzen meaning it will run  at 3000 or 3200mhz what ever kit you buy it's a little bit more then other ram but the other ram kits are genrally optimized for Intel atm. Also ryzen tends to be picky with ram above 2660mhz or something if it is not ryzen compatable.

25 minutes ago, cowpker4life said:

For a ram kit go with G.skill flare X as it currently is supports ryzen meaning it will run  at 3000 or 3200mhz what ever kit you buy it's a little bit more then other ram but the other ram kits are genrally optimized for Intel atm. Also ryzen tends to be picky with ram above 2660mhz or something if it is not ryzen compatable.

hey, unfortunately there are no G.skill flare X kits on the website i'm ordering from, and i can only order from there. you don't think the current kit will run at 3200Mhz?

9 hours ago, Vikingee said:

hey, unfortunately there are no G.skill flare X kits on the website i'm ordering from, and i can only order from there. you don't think the current kit will run at 3200Mhz?

It might be able to depends if your mobo supports a increase base clock. 

This will go over what is and isn't supported pretty well just watched it this morning was pretty infomational. All mobo's should support 3000mhz but anything above that is a maybe as ryzen memory controller is agrsive.