bottle necking?

Overclocked_Bacon
Go to solution Solved by 7850OC,

4 cores and 3.1ghz is not a bad gaming cpu friend  ^_^ (not sure how good can OC that with a good cooler)

two 7850 = 7970 (or a R9 280x)  :rolleyes:

i think add one more 7850 is a good choice (if the two 7850 are the 2GB model, if is 1GB... sell it)  ;)

but if you can, a R9 280x (or a 7970) is will be a great new card  :D

I have a crappy i5 that i got cheap off ebay

its an i5-2380p

ive got a radeon 7850 2gb and im thinking of getting another one to put in crossfire

is this a good choice?

Should i upgrade the cpu or get another gpu first?

no need to worry, any quadcore can handle that.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

No, throw out the 7850 and get a better single GPU anything over 100 should be better than messing around with crossfire on such an old card.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 cores and 3.1ghz is not a bad gaming cpu friend  ^_^ (not sure how good can OC that with a good cooler)

two 7850 = 7970 (or a R9 280x)  :rolleyes:

i think add one more 7850 is a good choice (if the two 7850 are the 2GB model, if is 1GB... sell it)  ;)

but if you can, a R9 280x (or a 7970) is will be a great new card  :D

it's the previous gen

thats not old

old doesn't mean what it used to at the moment.  Obsolescence and upgrade cycles have pushed from 2 years out to 5 and in some cases more.  What you have is still acceptable and usable. Just the GPU letting you down.  It's similar to mine (GTX570) does the job but not much oomph.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.