EU proposing new AV rules: More European streaming content, stricter Anti-Hate rules

54 minutes ago, dexT said:

Do you work at a Uni? What are your views about what's going down at Evergreen State College?

I'm In Australia, I don't know anything about Evergreen. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, dexT said:

Do you work at a Uni? What are your views about what's going down at Evergreen State College?

The college where currently the admins are being held hostage by students?

31 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I'm In Australia, I don't know anything about Evergreen. 

Yeah but what do you think? VVV

8 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

The college where currently the admins are being held hostage by students?

I'm interested in your take on the situation. I once years ago considered both Evergreen and Mills College due to their Electronic Music programs. Boy did I dodge a bullet, they'd string me up lol.

43 minutes ago, dexT said:

Yeah but what do you think? VVV

I'm interested in your take on the situation. I once years ago considered both Evergreen and Mills College due to their Electronic Music programs. Boy did I dodge a bullet, they'd string me up lol.

I can't comment on a situation I know nothing about.  Is it  a hate crime or response to something the school did.  Got a link?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I can't comment on a situation I know nothing about.  Is it  a hate crime or response to something the school did.  Got a link?

Its about a prof who opposed a group's proposed "no white in campus day" (sorry I forgot the name). Basically In that college, there's a once a year tradition where POC's will not go to campus for a whole day voluntarily, note "voluntarily". POC students and profs would have their own safe space where they can discuss stuff that would help make campus life easier for POCs. Problem is, this year the group proposed that instead of POC's not going to campus, Whites should be the ones who shouldn't.

The prof emailed the president (I think) on how this idea is stupid and that there is a big difference between voluntarily not going to campus and forcing people out of campus. Lots of SJW Leftists got triggered by the email now calling him racist. School closed today and next day while admin and faculty still blame the prof.

EDIT: Oh also, now the students are using their tantrums as an excuse to cancel homeworks and tests, and the protests continue.

1 minute ago, JuNex03 said:

Its about a prof who opposed a group's proposed "no white in campus day" (sorry I forgot the name). Basically In that college, there's a once a year tradition where POC's will not go to campus for a whole day voluntarily, note "voluntarily". POC students and profs would have their own safe space where they can discuss stuff that would help make campus life easier for POCs. Problem is, this year the group proposed that instead of POC's not going to campus, Whites should be the ones who shouldn't.

The prof emailed the president (I think) on how this idea is stupid and that there is a big difference between voluntarily not going to campus and forcing people out of campus. Lots of SJW Leftists got triggered by the email now calling him racist. School closed today and next day while admin and faculty still blame the prof.

POC?

It sounds to me like this may(?) have been an accident waiting to happen.  Unfortunately some people are very good at thinking they are the only ones with a legitimate opinion or entitlement. As such they don't respond well to any activity that suggests they are the ones who might be privileged or even that they are marginalized (Pride response).  

These types of activities always seem to draw the ire of a few people,  I'm reminded of that thing people say after the fact:  i.e "it was a good idea at the time".

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

POC?

It sounds to me like this may(?) have been an accident waiting to happen.  Unfortunately some people are very good at thinking they are the only ones with a legitimate opinion or entitlement. As such they don't respond well to any activity that suggests they are the ones who might be privileged or even that they are marginalized (Pride response).  

These types of activities always seem to draw the ire of a few people,  I'm reminded of that thing people say after the fact:  i.e "it was a good idea at the time".

"People of color". I don't really care about stuff like this too much, I love the comedy it brings though.

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

POC?

Here in the US, Uni campuses are filled with ultra radical lefties and SJWs that are anti-free speech and they continue to devour their own kind for not being extreme enough. They don't get degrees in anything actually employable so maybe that's part of it too.

At Evergreen it's a full blown 'black power' situation where they are running the school and threatening violence. The President of the college is pretty much doing anything they say including telling campus police to back down.

Here's an interview with the Prof envolved

15 hours ago, mr moose said:

And?  is there supposed to be more in your post? 

No, I was trusting you to figure it out yourself, but that obviously is not gonna happen. That is clear, obvious evidence that the Safe Schools Coalition Australia is supported and funded by the Australian government. Unless you wanna tell me that even though they fund and support Safe Schools, they don't really agree with what Safe Schools is doing, that is clear, undeniable evidence that people with venemous ideologies and a knack for ignoring reality have infiltrated your government and set up an organization to help perpetuate their lies by indoctrinating children and the weak-minded. If that isn't corruption, nothing is.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

4 hours ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

No, I was trusting you to figure it out yourself, but that obviously is not gonna happen. That is clear, obvious evidence that the Safe Schools Coalition Australia is supported and funded by the Australian government. Unless you wanna tell me that even though they fund and support Safe Schools, they don't really agree with what Safe Schools is doing, that is clear, undeniable evidence that people with venemous ideologies and a knack for ignoring reality have infiltrated your government and set up an organization to help perpetuate their lies by indoctrinating children and the weak-minded. If that isn't corruption, nothing is.

Do you really think that funding a program is evidence of corruption?  Of course it's a government funded program.  That doesn't make it corruption.

The safe schools program does nothing of what you claim.  If you want to have a conversation about this you should  educate yourself about it first.

20 hours ago, mr moose said:

Do you really think that funding a program is evidence of corruption?  Of course it's a government funded program.  That doesn't make it corruption.

The safe schools program does nothing of what you claim.  If you want to have a conversation about this you should  educate yourself about it first.

Wait! Holy shit! You believe that there are uncorruptable scientific facts while simultaneously believing that the Safe Schools Coalition and their agenda is okay? Now I'm glad I didn't take Twain's wisdom! I would've missed out on this gem of complete idiocy and hypocrisy.

http://youreteachingourchildrenwhat.org/safe-schools-coalition/

https://youtu.be/GpOYq5en1zA (warning: offensive; Suit is a bit of an ass)

https://youtu.be/xH0V-AnnnRw

https://youtu.be/w1wHfu1aYu8 (not specifically Safe Schools-related, but on the same general topic)

https://youtu.be/_L0Yty-wj_8

"Resources for school staff

We have a range of high quality resources which help school staff to respond to homophobic and transphobic behaviour and actively support and include gender diversity, intersex and sexual diversity in school communities (http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org.au/what-we-do)" They actively support, by their own admission, encouraging gender and sexual diversity as well as intersex children. There's a reason that children can't have sex until a certain age -- they're not mature enough to make a well thought-out decision. It is (or should be) the same for transitioning genders -- that's an even more life-altering and permanent of a change. Encouraging that behavior is an egregious overstepping of any sort of moral responsibility and is scientifically preposterous. 

These next links are general responses to the multitudinous gender crap and some explanation of why the SJW view is BS.

https://youtu.be/OFpYj0E-yb4

https://youtu.be/SiijS_9hPkM

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/no-time-2-genders-actually/ (yes, I'm linking him; shoot me)

https://youtu.be/v7NYWd7p-zE

The scientific support for lots of genders is extremely dubious at best (and are all based in psychology and the social sciences, not any science that can yield undisputable evidence (yes, those can sometimes yield such evidence, but in this and most cases they don't)), and the idea that children should be exposed to these ideas is absurd and troubling. Even exposing teenagers to this idea is worrying because they're going through an extremely tumultuous time in their life and are looking for ways to rebel against their parents. Introducing them to this will give them a fantastic tool to do just that, but they lack the foresight to see how it might affect them later. Hint: statistically speaking, they're likely to end up killing themselves.

Anyone who supports that is either a complete moron and a puppet idealogue or is only interested in pushing our society past the breaking point with destructive ideologies.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

9 hours ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

snip.

You believe all that drivel.  Not a single link to actual program material, nothing from actual teachers who are implementing the program.  I am telling you first hand that nearly all the opposition to safe schools is religious propaganda.  It is moronic lies from fuckwits who think the earth 6000 years old.  Don't believe that shit.  I have first hand experience with it.  it is nothing like what you think it is. But then if you are one of those extremists who hate homosexuality then there is no hope of educating you so the discussion is over.

As for science, you don't understand it so stop pretending you do.  

NDT: " The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. "

EDIT: I should also add that it is rather hypocritical of you to sit there and complain about freedom of speech and how corrupt the government is, but then link to two politicians as evidence against something you want censored.   So the government is corrupt and can't be trusted unless they support your ideals?  Well done.  9_9