Lower FPS than I should have?

Jalobe

Not really sure if it's my gpu or cpu or whatever so I just posted here. I play games a lot and I got myself a new pc probably around 8-9 months ago. Everything was great and I was running games fantastically. Then one day I come on to play CS:GO and suddenly my fps is down from the 275-350 to 200. I was on low settings at the time so I was curious to see how low it would drop on high to to my astonishment it was higher at 250-300. I try to play CS:GO now and on both settings my fps is down to 150. 

My System specs are as follows;

Amd Fx-9590

Amd r9 380

ATNG 800w psu

2 Terabyte harddrive

128gb ssd

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5 motherboard

16gb ddr3 ram

Not sure if there is anything that I missed.

What i want to know is why my FPS is much lower now. I know that I need to reapply new thermal paste to my cpu but I'm not sure if that can cause the significant fps drop that I am receiving. Also whats up with higher fps on higher settings, I don't get that at all. If there are any benchmarks that I can take or any questions you have to ask thats fine by me. Thanks in advance.

Csgo is CPU bound, and you have what is effectively a 8 core sandy bridge CPU that goes to 5ghz :P 

see if its throttling 

see if you have multi core rendering on..if not, turn it on!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Csgo is CPU bound, and you have what is effectively a 8 core sandy bridge CPU that goes to 5ghz :P 

see if its throttling 

see if you have multi core rendering on..if not, turn it on!

I have multi core rendering on, not sure what you mean by "Sandy bridge CPU that goes to 5ghz :)". How would I know if its throttling, I don't exactly know that much about Computers.

Check for parked cores, my brother got fx8350 and same happen to him. It was something in CS:GO settings or parked cores. It is not about hardware be sure of that.

6 minutes ago, Jalobe said:

I have multi core rendering on, not sure what you mean by "Sandy bridge CPU that goes to 5ghz :)". How would I know if its throttling, I don't exactly know that much about Computers.

If temperatures are above 70c. Try setting launch options with -threads 4 -high. 5v5 I usually get 150-200fps on a 8350 @4.5

I don't think the temperatures reach that high, as I go from in idle to CS:GO and it starts off at low fps. Once I'm in a 5v5 I run at 150 fps on high settings and 200 on low settings. I don't understand the high settings getting more fps.

8 minutes ago, chexor said:

Check for parked cores, my brother got fx8350 and same happen to him. It was something in CS:GO settings or parked cores. It is not about hardware be sure of that.

Sadly my cores are not parked.