Far Cry 5 teaser

NumLock21

Is that petition a troll or has Ubisoft mastered the PR game? 

Why do everyone hates on Ubisoft?

They messed up with Watchdogs, and then Watchdogs 2 was boycotted while still being a good game. It was not a masterpiece, but it was enjoyable. Rainbow six siege is as well. They don't always mess up.

I also don't understand why people say it'll be the same shit as before, because it seemed to me it was going to be a shift from the unrealistic plot, to something darker and more credible. They placed the game in an unfamiliar context, with a somewhat political plot, with at least the ground for the story which is realistic.

Some trailers looked accurate though, almost the same graphics as Watchdogs 2, so why not?

8 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

They messed up with Watchdogs, and then Watchdogs 2 was boycotted while still being a good game. It was not a masterpiece, but it was enjoyable. Rainbow six siege is as well. They don't always mess up.

I also don't understand why people say it'll be the same shit as before, because it seemed to me it was going to be a shift from the unrealistic plot, to something darker and more credible. They placed the game in an unfamiliar context, with a somewhat political plot, with at least the ground for the story which is realistic.

Some trailers looked accurate though, almost the same graphics as Watchdogs 2, so why not?

It's real. There was even one of the christain nut jobs on here who made a thread saying similar things. The person wasn't even American, but religious nut jobs are the same no matter what part of the world.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 5/24/2017 at 9:47 PM, NumLock21 said:

Wasn't there some rule where, what we see in the trailer, is what we get in the game, or is that just for games being sold on Steam.

And do I need to play all of Far Cry series to get Far Cry 5?

No. They're all different stories. No continuation.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Wasn't there some rule where, what we see in the trailer, is what we get in the game, or is that just for games being sold on Steam.

I still highly recommend 2 and 3 though. 4 was just 3 with a few new mechanics so I guess you could play that in place of 3. 

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

It's real. There was even one of the christain nut jobs on here who made a thread saying similar things. The person wasn't even American, but religious nut jobs are the same no matter what part of the world.

Are you sure? The guy even says if you replace Christians by Muslims it's okay...

Damn, I start to hate the Internet,  you doubt the intent of people because it becomes increasingly hard to think an actual human being can say those things seriously..

6 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Are you sure? The guy even says if you replace Christians by Muslims it's okay...

Damn, I start to hate the Internet,  you doubt the intent of people because it becomes increasingly hard to think an actual human being can say those things seriously..

Hehe. You don't understand the alt right then.

18 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

A lot of the signatures for that petition are there just to leave a comment making fun of the petition. I know mine is.

I think Ubisoft is going for broke with the Far Cry 5 early marketing because of Vivendi's hostile takeover bid. Ubisoft is scrambling to raise the cash to buy back as many shares as they can to prevent Vivendi from gaining a controlling stake in the company, or from getting a place on the board of directors. I think it's also why Ubisoft re-released TrackMania Turbo's Lagoon environment as a TrackMania 2 installment - to make another TM purchase cheaper and more likely from more TM players.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Hehe. You don't understand the alt right then.

Thank you I guess :P

On topic,  this far cry game is promising, it's a shame they started pre-order more than 6months in advance, it'll backlash inevitably.

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

A lot of the signatures for that petition are making fun of the petition. I know mine is.

I think Ubisoft is going for broke with the Far Cry 5 early marketing because of Vivendi's hostile takeover bid. Ubisoft is scrambling to raise the cash to buy back as many shares as they can to prevent Vivendi from gaining a controlling stake in the company, or from getting a place on the board of directors. I think it's also why Ubisoft re-released TrackMania Turbo's Lagoon environment as a TrackMania 2 installment - to make another TM purchase cheaper and more likely from more TM players.

I'd be willing to make a gamble on that game if it weren't due next February and if they had more concrete materials. 

They should have tried a more sensible pré order scheme. Like you pay 20€ now and 40 at launch  if you finally decide to buy it. That way they get part of the cash, while giving us the option to not entirely lose our money if something bad happened until next February ! 

Lol, after thinking about it, definitely play 3. Vaas is one of the best villains in video game history. Too bad the rest of the story is ass.

7 hours ago, laminutederire said:

I don't think it's a troll. I've come across a lot of Americans with that mentality. 

As far as the game goes, I bet we're going to be climbing a lot of radio towers. 

The setting is not a big departure from previous games either as it is still set in some foreign far off place filled with murderous nuts 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Double post. ..

11 minutes ago, killcomic said:

I don't think it's a troll. I've come across a lot of Americans with that mentality. 

As far as the game goes, I bet we're going to be climbing a lot of radio towers. 

The setting is not a big departure from previous games as it is still set in some foreign far off place filled with murderous nuts 

I hope it is :)

Well there aren't any radio towers in sight, and many youtuber have found it to be a good thing, so maybe they have learned or re learning that it is a game mechanic we gamers don't really like.

My guess is that they'll replace radio towers by churches, and hopefully we won't have to climb those but rather fight or sneak into.

It's a bit exotic since it's not exotic as it's in the western world. But yeah murderous nuts indeed!

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

I hope it is :)

Well there aren't any radio towers in sight, and many youtuber have found it to be a good thing, so maybe they have learned or re learning that it is a game mechanic we gamers don't really like.

My guess is that they'll replace radio towers by churches, and hopefully we won't have to climb those but rather fight or sneak into.

It's a bit exotic since it's not exotic as it's in the western world. But yeah murderous nuts indeed!

I'd say it's exotic. Not if you're American, but exotic to everyone else.

The Western world is not just America.

2 minutes ago, killcomic said:

I'd say it's exotic. Not if you're American, but exotic to everyone else.

The Western world is not just America.

As a french, I hope America is part enough of that western world,  otherwise we should begin to ne afraid of War with them! :)

6 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

As a french, I hope America is part enough of that western world,  otherwise we should begin to ne afraid of War with them! :)

That would be a dicussion that could get this thread locked.

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

I had a few reasons to boycott Ubisoft:

• Their use of StarForce DRM. SecuROM has nothing on StarForce
  • Shoving their UPlay service down everyone's throats. At least EA doesn't make us use Origin to play their games they still have on Steam.
  • UPlay had a security issue that Google claimed was a rootkit. It may have been a gross classification, but still.
  • I recall needing to install UPlay on my PS4 just to play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, complete with inputting a key code. It may have been for the multiplayer, but there was no obvious way of skipping it from what I recall so I didn't skip it.
  • Game saves were stored in the directory where UPlay was installed, instead of somewhere more sensible like your user folder.
  • They had issues with Splinter Cell: Blacklist that prevented a friend and me from playing, despite trying everything we could think of. It took about a year before we got to play the game together (it may have been sooner, but we gave up and only tried again after that long)

I've eased up on them, and am willing to buy their games again, but Ubisoft has done a bunch of shady things over the past 10+ years.

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I had a few reasons to boycott Ubisoft:

• Their use of StarForce DRM. SecuROM has nothing on StarForce
  • Shoving their UPlay service down everyone's throats. At least EA doesn't make us use Origin to play their games they still have on Steam.
  • UPlay had a security issue that Google claimed was a rootkit. It may have been a gross classification, but still.
  • I recall needing to install UPlay on my PS4 just to play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, complete with inputting a key code. It may have been for the multiplayer, but there was no obvious way of skipping it from what I recall so I didn't skip it.
  • Game saves were stored in the directory where UPlay was installed, instead of somewhere more sensible like your user folder.
  • They had issues with Splinter Cell: Blacklist that prevented a friend and me from playing, despite trying everything we could think of. It took about a year before we got to play the game together (it may have been sooner, but we gave up and only tried again after that long)

I've eased up on them, and am willing to buy their games again, but Ubisoft has done a bunch of shady things over the past 10+ years.

To their defense,  Uplay has became stealthier. It's still there, but it works in a way you don't even have to launch it for games to be launched through steam, which is an improvement.

I agree it was annoying when launching a game on steam launched Uplay where you could finally launch your game, but they fixed that with current games.

They made mistakes and they seem to learn from them at least. Unlike EA and their flying dlc's

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

They made mistakes and they seem to learn from them at least. Unlike EA and their flying dlc's

Nah, Ubisoft's pretty much up there with DLC. And I can't seem to find why anyone would want to buy a season pass from them when they seem to barely make any DLC for their games.

6 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Nah, Ubisoft's pretty much up there with DLC. And I can't seem to find why anyone would want to buy a season pass from them when they seem to barely make any DLC for their games.

I prefer that to EA games without content. Buying star wars battlefront without season pass was such a mistake, I barely got any content to play with.

They made dlc's for watchdogs 2 and they're actively working on rainbow six siege (even though those aren't dlc since they're free updates )