Can someone explain why Luke doesn't like Shadowplay?

I remeber from a couple weeks ago on the WAN show that Luke was talking about a new Shadowplay version, and why he still will never install it, but I didn't catch why. Could someone explain it? Just got a 1070 and would like to know about it before I install.

2 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Maybe he doesn't like how GeForce Experience requires you to log in. 

I think it is to do with the whole forcing you to make a account with them.

TBH he most likely has a account after installing it at some point. I feel the only use for GeForce Experience is knowing when there is a update for your graphics car ( plus shadow play if you use it).

Shadow play does seem like a useful tool for capturing content maybe not so much for streaming as id rather use OBS or xplit for that job.

Because you need to log in into gforce experience to use it

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

shadowplay used to be ok but then they required a log in and "modernized" the interface so it is exactly as shitty to use as all the other modern UI crap these days.

also, OBS and other streaming/recording software wipes the floor with shadowplay in that category too

isn't that enough to dislike it? 

required log in is the biggest turn-off ever ... stopped using razer synapse because of the same reason. NO ... just N. O. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

shadowplay used to be ok but then they required a log in and "modernized" the interface so it is exactly as shitty to use as all the other modern UI crap these days.

also, OBS and other streaming/recording software wipes the floor with shadowplay in that category too

isn't that enough to dislike it? 

required log in is the biggest turn-off ever ... stopped using razer synapse because of the same reason. NO ... just N. O. 

The interface looks great and is easy to use.

The problem is just whiny internet people who (as always) are afraid of change and dislike anything new.

OBS just gives more settings and options, shadowplay is still better if you want something easy to use with almost no performance impact.

Requiring login is not a problem at all, that's how it syncs settings and options so when you move to a new PC or reinstall windows you don't lose everything.

Plenty of things require a login these days, just like the forum you're on right now.

If you're paranoid about a company having your email then tbh you should probably unplug your ethernet cable because thousands of other places are getting way more information than that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The interface looks great and is easy to use.

The problem is just whiny internet people who (as always) are afraid of change and dislike anything new.

i'm not afraid of change, i outright hate it.

because "change" nowadays only means making things worse. it means fucking the user over a little bit more than before. it means updates that break more than they fix. that's what "change" means today.

it's not that i dislike ANYTHING new, but i absolutely dislike how they manage to turn EVERYTHING that is new and great into a trainwreck in less than 5 updates.

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

i'm not afraid of change, i outright hate it.

because "change" nowadays only means making things worse. it means fucking the user over a little bit more than before. it means updates that break more than they fix. that's what "change" means today.

it's not that i dislike ANYTHING new, but i absolutely dislike how they manage to turn EVERYTHING that is new and great into a trainwreck in less than 5 updates.

It doesn't make things worse.

It's actually a lot better.

It's only worse for close-minded people, or people who don't know how to use stuff properly (such as all the people who upgraded to windows 10 instead of properly clean installing it).

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 hours ago, Enderman said:

It doesn't make things worse.

It's actually a lot better.

so 50% CPU usage and 100% disk IO all the time without anything running but the OS is better ?

so booting to a black screen after an update on a system that worked perfect is better? (i am talking about win 10 to win 10 update - not 7 to 10 or something)

so starting a bing search everytime you are looking for a file on your LOCAL drive is better?

so wasting more time than necessary to get shit done because UI designers forgot how to think in a straight line and think jumping through hoops all the time is better?

if that's what you are into - go for it, will stay close minded and keep using my stuff improperly by clean uninstalling everything that gets in my way and looking for alternatives that let me do stuff the way i want.

i'm done here

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

so 50% CPU usage and 100% disk IO all the time without anything running but the OS is better ?

so booting to a black screen after an update on a system that worked perfect is better? (i am talking about win 10 to win 10 update - not 7 to 10 or something)

so starting a bing search everytime you are looking for a file on your LOCAL drive is better?

so wasting more time than necessary to get shit done because UI designers forgot how to think in a straight line and think jumping through hoops all the time is better?

if that's what you are into - go for it, will stay close minded and keep using my stuff improperly by clean uninstalling everything that gets in my way and looking for alternatives that let me do stuff the way i want.

i'm done here

If you clean installed and maintained your OS properly, you wouldn't have any of those issues :) just like me.

Of course there will always be people who crash their car because they are shitty drivers and still blame the car.

Spoiler

On 5/22/2017 at 5:53 PM, Enderman said:

Requiring login is not a problem at all, that's how it syncs settings and options so when you move to a new PC or reinstall windows you don't lose everything.

Plenty of things require a login these days, just like the forum you're on right now. 

Comparing the forum to GeForce Experience is incorrect - requiring logging in to the forum should be expected as that's the entire point. Having personal online identity on the forum to help create a community. 

Requiring logging in(and with absolutely no option to opt out) is just dumb for a program where people might only use it on one PC, and where the settings might be unique for that machine only. I do not agree with NVIDIA's move to requiring logging in - it makes little to no sense for the user. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Comparing the forum to GeForce Experience is incorrect - requiring logging in to the forum should be expected as that's the entire point. Having personal online identity on the forum to help create a community. 

Requiring logging in(and with absolutely no option to opt out) is just dumb for a program where people might only use it on one PC, and where the settings might be unique for that machine only. I do not agree with NVIDIA's move to requiring logging in - it makes little to no sense for the user. 

So when you clean install drivers or clean install windows you want everything to be wiped?

Do you know that creative cloud does literally the same thing?

You log in so that you don't lose your settings.

You can still download drivers directly from the website without having to log in or use the software if you want.

The software is if you want to optimize the games or use shadowplay, and logging in just once when you first install windows is literally not an inconvenience at all.

Spoiler