PG279Q BLB&IPS Glow

COTG

I just recently got my 297QR and decided to check for ips glow and blb as I have heard that they have terrible quality assurance. When i checked for it I was at first horrified as there seemed to be quite a lot however once i fired up a game, it did not seem so bad. My question is if it is worth to exchange it if I dont really notice it in games, the only reason I would want to is because after paying so much money for it I would expect a perfect item however Im not sure if others are better

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

holy moly,rma that sucker

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

29 minutes ago, COTG said:

I just recently got my 297QR and decided to check for ips glow and blb as I have heard that they have terrible quality assurance. When i checked for it I was at first horrified as there seemed to be quite a lot however once i fired up a game, it did not seem so bad. My question is if it is worth to exchange it if I dont really notice it in games, the only reason I would want to is because after paying so much money for it I would expect a perfect item however Im not sure if others are better

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

20 minutes ago, McHox said:

holy moly,rma that sucker

We have no idea what it actually looks like, because cameras automatically amplify the tiniest amounts of light to look like a lot when there is no other light in the frame. Even perfectly good monitors with excellent uniformity will look like that in pictures. Don't take a close up picture with the lights off. Turn the lights on and take a picture from 2 meters back or so.

I bought the same monitor before month and returned it.

18195895_1255991021116331_556716490_o.jp

Now im waiting for the new hdr monitors...

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

We have no idea what it actually looks like, because cameras automatically amplify the tiniest amounts of light to look like a lot when there is no other light in the frame. Even perfectly good monitors with excellent uniformity will look like that in pictures. Don't take a close up picture with the lights off. Turn the lights on and take a picture from 2 meters back or so.

thanks for clarifying that! I was already wondering why it was so bad. Here are another three screenshots, one in game, one with the light on and just another with the light off. could you clarify if it would be worth to rma this?

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

personally I dont ever notice it while gaming so I wouldnt want to exchange it just to get a worse one which I actually do notice

that's WAY worse than the one I have and Use, I got mine refurbished however so there's a bit more quality assurance there as they have to get it mostly right. If it doesn't bother you at all then feel free to keep using it if it becomes an issue then I suggest exhanging it.

I'm sorry, but didn't you already post this yesterday? 

2 hours ago, Celios said:

I'm sorry, but didn't you already post this yesterday? 

yea sorry, one member commented that I should instead of taking a picture in complete darkness take one with light in the background as cameras seem to over exaggerate the blb-ips glow. After responding to him with the new pictures I did not get a response and wanted to get another opinion

2 hours ago, COTG said:

yea sorry, one member commented that I should instead of taking a picture in complete darkness take one with light in the background as cameras seem to over exaggerate the blb-ips glow. After responding to him with the new pictures I did not get a response and wanted to get another opinion

Ah, no worries.