Help me decide on a new (m-atx) case?

trentklein

I've been torn between a few cases, like the core p3 or the define mini c for example just to name two, but I thought I'd come here to bounce some ideas around. I currently have an all white h440 which at the time of purchase, I thought was awesome. Now, I just find it gaudy and a pain imo to work in. Not to mention I'm slowly getting more black parts with small red accents, even though I think I would like to keep it mainly a black and white build with only some red. Things I'm looking for in a case are: tempered glass (I'm a sucker), matte black and/or brushed aluminum, a psu enclosure, and a m-atx bored needs to look decent and not dwarfed inside, if a full atx case. Like I said I have thought and am thinking about the Define mini c, but I am disappointed they don't have a glass window version, at least yet. I know there are other options like the phanteks 400s, but I don't want to copy a friend who has that same case. And there is the s340 elite which I do like, but I don't know if it will be too similar to the h440? Lastly, the core p3... I just don't know what to think of it :/ HALP!

None of the other cases you mentioned are m-atx. The only m-atx one you mentioned is the define mini c.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

None of the other cases you mentioned are m-atx. The only m-atx one you mentioned is the define mini c.

I'm aware. Like I said, if I get a full atx, the m-atx needs to look decent in it.

Thermaltake Core V21. I swear by it as one of the best looking cases I've ever had, and the easiest to work in.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

22 minutes ago, trentklein said:

I've been torn between a few cases, like the core p3 or the define mini c for example just to name two, but I thought I'd come here to bounce some ideas around. I currently have an all white h440 which at the time of purchase, I thought was awesome. Now, I just find it gaudy and a pain imo to work in. Not to mention I'm slowly getting more black parts with small red accents, even though I think I would like to keep it mainly a black and white build with only some red. Things I'm looking for in a case are: tempered glass (I'm a sucker), matte black and/or brushed aluminum, a psu enclosure, and a m-atx bored needs to look decent and not dwarfed inside, if a full atx case. Like I said I have thought and am thinking about the Define mini c, but I am disappointed they don't have a glass window version, at least yet. I know there are other options like the phanteks 400s, but I don't want to copy a friend who has that same case. And there is the s340 elite which I do like, but I don't know if it will be too similar to the h440? Lastly, the core p3... I just don't know what to think of it :/ HALP!

All I shall say, Inwin 301.

Otherwise Thermaltake Core V21 appears spectacular for working in, with a spacious interior.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Thermaltake Core V21. I swear by it as one of the best looking cases I've ever had, and the easiest to work in.

55 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

All I shall say, Inwin 301.

Otherwise Thermaltake Core V21 appears spectacular for working in, with a spacious interior.

Hmm... well I once had the air 540, so I feel like the v21 is too much of the same, plus I'm not a fan of honeycomb. 

The 301 is NICE. The top mounted psu is strange though.

On 20/05/2017 at 0:32 AM, trentklein said:

Hmm... well I once had the air 540, so I feel like the v21 is too much of the same, plus I'm not a fan of honeycomb. 

The 301 is NICE. The top mounted psu is strange though.

I personally am not attracted mammothly to that is the ThermalTake v21's honeycomb mesh as well, as its objective appeared to be practicality, situated over appearance.

One would look at a Fractal Design Define Mini C if you find of a top mounted PSU peculiar :3   

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Why is this put in Graphics cards? @Godlygamer23

Also what is your budget?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, Brennan_Price said:

Why is this put in Graphics cards? @Godlygamer23

Also what is your budget?

Hmm... sorry, not sure how it got in graphic cards? Is there a way I can movie it? 

But my budget is PREFERABLY around $100.

On 21/05/2017 at 2:41 PM, trentklein said:

Hmm... sorry, not sure how it got in graphic cards? Is there a way I can movie it? 

But my budget is PREFERABLY around $100.

Hmm, you can't go wrong with the Corsair Carbide Series Air 240

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

Hmm, you can't go wrong with the Corsair Carbide Series Air 240

Already have had the air 540 :P 

1 minute ago, trentklein said:

Already have had the air 540 :P 

Hahaha no worries well I guess I'm not gonna be much help then  xD

My Rig:

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Hahaha no worries well I guess I'm not gonna be much help then  xD

Haha no its alright! I am pretty sure I'm going to to go with the mini c if I cant find a similar option...

Just now, trentklein said:

Haha no its alright! I am pretty sure I'm going to to go with the mini c if I cant find a similar option...

Yeah I think that will be the best option. I usually trawl the internet to find other nice cases only to often buy the very first one I was interested in haha

My Rig:

The day someone makes a mATX case that will fit up to 40mm rad + 25mm fans (2x140) in front (and top) with a full D5 or DDC + res combo I'll be the first in line to buy it. It will be perhaps a bit of an odd shape (low and somewhat long). Ideally something along the lines of a Define Mini "S". I have built in both the Define Mini C and the Evolv mATX and they are adequate for AIOs but not a full loop - not with any ease at least.