Should i be worried with the grade on this? What should i do, seek exterior help?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there everyone, i just wanted to ask an opinion of yours regarding my issue. I want to make this short (heck, it would be enormous if i specified everything), but it needs to be minimally lengthy.

Heres the problem im facing at the internship: I wake up early, arrive on time, do whatever im asked to do, help whenever i can and either stay in the warehouse or go with the other employees outside and help them do what they ask me to do at the clients location. I do what they ask me to do and i always respect schedules, presentation and the personnel, within reason.

Its been three months and since the end of April i havent been leaving the warehouse too often. It turns out that it is because the staff on the outside locations dont want me with them because im not "proactive" enough, i always wait for them to tell me what to do and i dont have the initiative to help.

Personally, i dont like them and they dont respect me, i have my physical limitations and fears, they have decades of experience and i have barely any experience outside of my course, which isnt even related to their area of expertise. Anyways, the tutor said that if they show me something 50 times i should be able to do it without them telling me to. Problem is they have done this over 15000 times and still fail, but its my opinion vs ~8 others.

Im not even in the mood anymore to rise early and end this course (gotta make the report too) without getting paid, annoying folks disliking me and treating me like "garbage". Im really angry and the internship is almost over, but in the warehouse people are actually friendly (i work better, so do they) and only the workers on the field (the ones ive gone with at least) dont like that im always "waiting" for their orders.

What should i do and should i be too worried at this nuissance? They didnt say anything about my quality of work, wether i did it or not or if i had ever damaged anything, only that i wasnt active enough and thus the tutor hasnt been sending me to work outside because they dont want me there.

Groomlake Authority

I would value an opinion... any opinion :/.

Groomlake Authority

Is this a requirement for school?  Honestly, I find it quite asinine for them to be judgmental.  Especially if you're not getting paid.  If what you're saying is true, then they should be happy with what you are doing.

I'm not sure what position you're in, but try to relax.  Nothing good will come by being stressed.

On 2017-5-19 at 11:07 PM, VerticalDiscussions said:

I would value an opinion... any opinion :/.

git gud.

idk learn some initiative

suck it up?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

3 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

-snip-

Lawier!

I dunno, i suppose laws exist and can be helpful, this bs feels like abuse of power and severe work disrespect in the very least.

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

-snip-

Yeah it is a requirement. Maybe i should relax, i do what they ask me to do and thats it. If they ever expected a new employee, they better look somewhere else.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah it is a requirement. Maybe i should relax, i do what they ask me to do and thats it. If they ever expected a new employee, they better look somewhere else.

I went through the same crap as you when I was younger.  Honestly, my biggest problem was that they didn't have the guts to voice their problems with me to my face.  How was I supposed to improve when I didn't even know what I was doing wrong?

It's honestly more common than you might think, and I find it quite disrespectful.  If they don't respect you, then they don't deserve you as an employee.

3 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Lawier!

I dunno, i suppose laws exist and can be helpful, this bs feels like abuse of power and severe work disrespect in the very least.

dude they arent there to hold your hand or two cuddle you the way through, this is real life, no offence,man up, deal with it, just do your best.

you gonna work with people you dont like or get along with etc

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

-snip-

I understand the working world sucks really hard for the underlings, but even so i cant let my grade get sent to the bottom of hell knowing i could have at least consulted the proper professor adviser for something that could be done and be avoided...

It will always suck as long as i am in there i see, but im just an internship and i dont work for them, i have a score i want to minimally acceptable for the effort i placed and i am willing to use whatever i can to put a stop to this nonsense, since they havent heard my side of the story yet.

Heck, i never disrespected the idiots working in the company and even tough they talk back as if they were some alcoholic abusive parents, i just stay shut knowing im here by obligation (to pass the course that is) and doing so wouldnt help much.

I want to try and see if the professor adviser can help, if not then i suppose ill just have to deal with it until the end and hope for the best, while doing so.

Groomlake Authority

Welcome to rl. People might not like you and people might be assholes. Especially as an intern you are vulnerable to frustrated employees and they will blame you for shit they can't get done. unfortunately that's just the way it is. You really have to be lucky with internships. Sometime companies can actually be staffed with friendly, cooperative ppl but this often not the case unfortunately. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

30 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

-snip-

In the very least, i hope talking to him makes my university aware of unfair practices going on and that about 2,5 months later the company still wont trust me or consider me an asset that has contributed to it, where most things are still hidden from me even when im accounted on such.

Personally i do believe i have contributed to it especially around the warehouse where i have seen it change its shape that had remained for years, until i stayed there due to the already aforementioned distate for my presence, but for staying and knowing that i have no injury issurance backing me up, i still did not refuse when three of us were asked to dismantle several 540Kg aluminium cable reels and many other smaller ones.

The boss just says "I only take what i hear". Hope he never loses his hearing then...

Groomlake Authority