$2.000 Gaming rig help ?

exotioner
Go to solution Solved by BiFii,

I went on an adventure for you my friend from Europe.

I searched komplett.dk and cinemagic.dk for the best and cheapest components
which would also satisfy most of your wishes.

I'm glad you learn English up there in Scandinavia, because your languages are garbage :P

• I cut down on your graphics card, wel.. not really!
  • And you will have to make love to another case. The Stryker will most likely leave you, because it's a pricey bitch.
  • I found a PSU which is almost the same as the AX760 but cheaper.

Reasons behind the slight changes:

---Graphics card

EVGA sells one of the best looking graphic cards in my and also in your opinion.

But they are quit expensive compared to other manufacturers like ASUS.

So I swapped the EVGA GTX 780 with an Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II. You will save about 400DKK.

The Asus card also matches perfectly with your MoBo. (you could also use the red fan rings and go for a black/red/white theme)

---Case

The Coolermaster CM Storm Stryker costs about 1150DKK.

You get some really nice features.. which you will never use.. I promise you.

I also recommend you a more slick look to a computer case, because you will never
regret buying a gimmicky case, which you wont like in a few years.

The Define R4 gives you everything you want. A sidepanel window, good airflow, and super quiet operation.
You could also look into the Arc Midi R2 by Fractal Design. It has similar features, but isnt as quiet as the Define R2.
But there are so many different options for cases. But I recommend staying within a 800DKK budget for it.

---PSU

Well the PSU was pretty easy.. The Corsair RM650 is pretty much the same as the AX760.
You will give up on the 80 Plus Platinum certification, but 80 Plus Gold is as good as it gets in this budget.

You won't have a fitting red label on the PSU, which you won't see if you close the case anyways.
650 Watts will be perfectly fine for this build plus overclocking.

So here you go. I checked overclockers, but the slight savings you would've gotten there would be useless due to 
shipping costs to denmark (fucking islands).

All in all I could get a total of 11460DKK, which is slightly under the 2100$ mark.
I would recommend you to find out if you can get a Windows Key for less than 800DKK.
You have some saving potential there.

I hope I could help you with that. Enjoy building your new system.

Hilsen fra Tyskland!

post-25811-0-31164500-1384907300.png

post-25811-0-38473500-1384906562.png

So basically for christmas there's a good chance my dad will allow me to get a whole new gaming rig for ~2.000 dollars.

What I'd like help with is that basically I build up ''a future build'' and it costed a litttttleee over the top (actually it was 300 dollars too much xD)

Basically I need everything..

What I had so far, But too expensive (From where I looked anyway)

CM Storm Stryker Case
Asus Maximus VI HERO
Intel i5 4670k

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Superclocked
Smasung 840 EVO 120Gigs
Corsair H100i
4x Corsair SP120 Fans (2 extra for H100i for Push Pull, 2 new front fans)
Kingston HyperX 8Gigs of Ram
Corsair AX760(not the i version)
Windows 8.1 Disc (Could do it cracked/illegal, but honestly I want this to be legit :P )
Noctua NT-H1 Thermal compound (I found this to be the best quality around where I looked for the price)

Actual price for all of this :
About $2.300

I'd like it to be about $2.000 because I expect my dad to say max 2k.
I'd like it to keep to a green or Red/White colour scheme, because I love the look of the stock 780 with the aluminium and the red from the Asus Hero, But as I said, it's too expensive. :(

I already have Mouse, headset, sound system for movies, Mouse, Mousepad, 2 monitors (A very nice 120Mhz Acer Monitor, because I love acer monitors for some reason, and a 2nd 60Mhz, 5 year old but works for multitasking :P )

It's okay if you guys can just take my rig and ''downgrade'' it a little bit, as I do know I can just get a 770, but I'd prefer 780 and downgrade something else.

I know I'm VERY picky and it's fine if you guys can't help, but being a fan of Linus for a good year and a half, I've heard alot good from the community here, and I expect a good answer from such awesome people ! :D

P.s I have DVD Drive & 500Gigs which is fine for what I use. Still didn't fill out the 500 gigs yet. But if you guys know a good deal for a HDD like 1TB or more that'll stay 'till christmas that'd be FANTASTIC !

P.s.s I'm an nvidia fanboy, so anything from AMD I'd really not consider worth it, even in a Red & White build. then I'd rather keep the stock 780 aluminium GPU and have some sweet lightings to embrace that card, because I love the look :wub:
Thanks in advance all ! :D

I just post here, to say welcome to the forum! :)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

isn't better a mid-end mobo + 4770k ? 

as many reviewers say... if it's not to professional overclock nobody even use this kind of high-end mobo

I just post here, to say welcome to the forum! :)

Haha thanks :P I've been checking a little around, tho just made an account to see how helpful you people truly are :)

isn't better a mid-end mobo + 4770k ? 

as many reviewers say... if it's not to professional overclock nobody even use this kind of high-end mobo

Sadly I want it to stay in a colour scheme, which also shows as to why i use a ''red and white'' power supply with a white case xD Also I'm absolutely in love with the stryker case  :wub:

Dude you can now get a 4770k for 200 USD on "microshop" or whateva its called

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($225.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler:  Be Quiet DARK ROCK PRO 2 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard:  Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ NCIX US) 

Memory:  Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($99.00 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card  ($406.13 @ Newegg) 

Case:  Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply:  SeaSonic M12II 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Monitor:  Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($637.99 @ B&H) 

Total: $1947.05

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-19 17:53 EST-0500)

If you don't need a monitor (that one is high red) then you can add a second GPU

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

CPU Cooler:  Be Quiet DARK ROCK PRO 2 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card  ($406.13 @ Newegg) 

Case:  Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply:  SeaSonic M12II 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1947.05

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-19 17:53 EST-0500)

If you don't need a monitor (that one is high red) then you can add a second GPU

Oh I forgot to say I deny to use AMD Cards. I'm a nvidia fanboy.. Better edit that. :(

Thanks for the build otherwise ! Can you possibly make one with a 780 ? (Max for this is $2.100 by the way, but I'd prefer 2k. :D )

I think you could go for the H60

(btw, a. follow your own topic (button in top left) and wrong section, this should be in new builds and planning).

And Welcome @exotioner

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Dude you can now get a 4770k for 200 USD on "microshop" or whateva its called

Microcenter but it's in store only so only works out if there's one near him

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Microcenter but it's in store only so only works out if there's one near him

Sadly I live in old and boring Denmark. We have roughly 1 tech shop each 100 kilometers range or whatever it's called :P 

And basically I can order it from there, but the 4670k around here is about 1.600DKK which I believe is roughly $280 o:

Oh I forgot to say I deny to use AMD Cards. I'm a nvidia fanboy.. Better edit that. :(

Thanks for the build otherwise ! Can you possibly make one with a 780 ? (Max for this is $2.100 by the way, but I'd prefer 2k. :D )

Well. The EVGA GTX 780 only costs 100$ more than the 290, so it would be 2100$ in total. Pretty much what you asked for ;)

Ya I can add a 780. 

Would you like to include a monitor?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Well. The EVGA GTX 780 only costs 100$ more than the 290, so it would be 2100$ in total. Pretty much what you asked for ;)

That's right :)

But as I said, It's for christmas. Hopefully I can find some sweet deals for when I have to :D

Also I'm most likely gonna go for the H100i instead of that air cooler he suggested, In Denmark it's only like $10-15 more than the cooler, so might as well :)

Black Fri is coming up, so...

Will you be overclocking?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If you want a cheaper board but want to stick with the colour scheme you could always get an MSI Z87-G45 Gaming and save $50 or so.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

First off, I don't understand where the money is going. I swear you can get all those parts for under 1500.

Other than that, why are you against amd? Just wondering, cause the 290 with the accelero x3 cooler beats out titans, and if you get the xfx version you can bios unlock to a 290x, which with the accelero x3 cooler will get you on par with the 780ti. For 480 dollars. There is simply no better price performance ratio for a high end gpu right now than a 290. (480 includes the extra cooler, cause the reference cooler is trash)

Beyond that, can you include prices of absolutely everything you're buying? I feel like it should be cheaper.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I belive the 750w is on sale currently. Other brands do offer pretty good high watt (IF you need it it future) and good reliability.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($506.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $2047.90

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-19 18:06 EST-0500)

First off, I don't understand where the money is going. I swear you can get all those parts for under 1500.

Other than that, why are you against amd? Just wondering, cause the 290 with the accelero x3 cooler beats out titans, and if you get the xfx version you can bios unlock to a 290x, which with the accelero x3 cooler will get you on par with the 780ti. For 480 dollars. There is simply no better price performance ratio for a high end gpu right now than a 290. (480 includes the extra cooler, cause the reference cooler is trash)

Beyond that, can you include prices of absolutely everything you're buying? I feel like it should be cheaper.

Still using 7850^^

Black Fri is coming up, so...

Will you be overclocking?

2 things.. 

1st, what is Black Fri ? 

2nd, Yes I will do some overclocking.. Not extremely hardcore, probably just the GPU a little then the CPU to hopefully a good 4.6Ghz Stable. :)

If you want a cheaper board but want to stick with the colour scheme you could always get an MSI Z87-G45 Gaming and save $50 or so.

Sounds good. I did try to find it, sadly around in denmark and in the UK I couldn't find it to be worth it with the taxes and shipping :l

2 things.. 

1st, what is Black Fri ? 

2nd, Yes I will do some overclocking.. Not extremely hardcore, probably just the GPU a little then the CPU to hopefully a good 4.6Ghz Stable. :)

Sounds good. I did try to find it, sadly around in denmark and in the UK I couldn't find it to be worth it with the taxes and shipping :l

Ahh yea, I have the same issue down here, very few MSI products get down here.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I will consider this.

Of course it's about midnight to me at the moment, so time for bed. But I will consider it when I wake up ! 

Also I used these sites (If you bother with the danish language, tho you can probably figure out the things you have to)

www.komplett.dk

www.cinemagic.dk

www.overclockers.co.uk

Everything except the Evga 780 and PSU was from Komplett or Cinemagic. o:

2 things.. 

1st, what is Black Fri ? 

Black Friday is nothing you should worry about. Google it, you will understand.

Your problem will be, that the prices in Denmark are relatively high, I guess. You can take the Partlist which was posted here, remove the overkill monitor

and find out, what those parts will cost in Denmark. I guess it will be about the amount you wished it would be.

Ohhhh, you're in Denmark. I can't predict prices in kronor.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB