The Emoji Movie thoughts

AniJan

After watching the actual, full trailer of the movie "The Emoji Movie", I don't think it's going to be as bad as people would suspect it to be.

The story structure doesn't seem that bad at all. It's set in a world where people are expected to be one thing and only that thing. However, one person contradicts that whole mandatory idea. He doesn't want to live up to everyone's expectations, and instead strives to become someone else. Someone who can express himself freely(similar to our world, right?)

However, I understand that visualizing the story through emoijs is a bit stupid and eccentric. Still, you can't judge a book by it's cover, can you?

What are your thoughts?

........... How could some one possibly make a storyline with emojis.

The movie shouldn't be judged too quickly, but come on, emojis?

2 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

........... How could some one possibly make a storyline with emojis.

The movie shouldn't be judged too quickly, but come on, emojis?

So what if it's visualized through emojis?

31 minutes ago, AniJan said:

So what if it's visualized through emojis?

The plot is dull, and probably used in other movies, and the only twist is that their emojis.

I don't know.

7 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

The plot is dull

this movie prob doesn't even have a plot, just whatever the writers put down while they were high on weed while writing this "movie" (does it even have the right to be called a movie? prob not)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

The problem is that this is exactly why Sony's film division are going under hard. They're overspending on movies nobody wants to see. They've probably spent at least $150 million on the production alone, they'll spend an extra 50% promoting this thing and then, they'll wonder why it tanked so hard.

The only reason why this isn't anywhere near as horrible as it could have been is that they just ripped off The LEGO Movie, which means they took the base of a decent movie. However, if you look at the four writers writing this, it doesn't look promising. You have the guy who wrote the narration for the US version of March of the Penguins and the guy who wrote Nacho Libre and another guy who wrote a couple of episodes for some dead sitcoms. In other words, you're bound to have a shitty movie.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com