Cherry MX brown

CALBIX

I have a corsair k70 rgb with red switches and It has been suffering with key chatter and I would like to know if browns do to. I would like to know what you guys think about the Romer-G switch.

Havent had any problems with either switch ever. Can you RMA the board?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Havent had any problems with either switch ever. Can you RMA the board?

I have tried but the costs of shipping the boarrd back is too expensive I can buy 2 of the keyboards

Get O-rings!!!

I have two Brown switch boards, a Logitech G710+ at home and the k70 LUX brown switches at work. The k70 was way louder which was bad being in a somewhat quiet office setting, and I realinxed my 710+ came with O-rings. Putting O-rings on this keyboard made it I'd say 30% quieter (literally what I can tell, not measured scientifically in any way)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Get O-rings!!!

I have two Brown switch boards, a Logitech G710+ at home and the k70 LUX brown switches at work. The k70 was way louder which was bad being in a somewhat quiet office setting, and I realinxed my 710+ came with O-rings. Putting O-rings on this keyboard made it I'd say 30% quieter (literally what I can tell, not measured scientifically in any way)

The noise I really dont care about, I actually enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, CALBIX said:

The noise I really dont care about, I actually enjoy it.

26 minutes ago, CALBIX said:

suffering with key chatter

I misread as key clatter! I had to do research on what key chatter was.

Apparently all mechanical keys will eventually suffer from it according to the three minutes of research i did (which totally makers me a certified expert Kappa) so in theory Romer's would eventually suffer the same fate.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Apparently all mechanical keys will eventually suffer from it according to the three minutes of research i did (which totally makers me a certified expert Kappa) so in theory Romer's would eventually suffer the same fate. I've owned the G710+ for two years with no issue... But apparently browns are the most reported? (Could be because theyre one of the most popular too)

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Apparently all mechanical keys will eventually suffer from it according to the three minutes of research i did (which totally makers me a certified expert Kappa) so in theory Romer's would eventually suffer the same fate.

Oh ok then I might just go romer G. I have done some research(im also an expert)Kappa, I see there is no reports of it so