ROG LCD Poster repair

Does anyone have experience with these? Not the OC Panel but the oldschool postcode/oc display. It lights up but has no characters on the display and I can't disable backlighting in BIOS. Would a generic LCD with same voltage work? Pinout seems to be USB specs.

If I could borrow one off someone to test on my board that'd be awesome. Would make it worth while or even buy for a generous price. 

1c5696da81.jpg

SDC10509.jpg

43 minutes ago, dexT said:

Does anyone have experience with these? Not the OC Panel but the oldschool postcode/oc display. It lights up but has no characters on the display and I can't disable backlighting in BIOS. Would a generic LCD with same voltage work? Pinout seems to be USB specs.

If I could borrow one off someone to test on my board that'd be awesome. Would make it worth while or even buy for a generous price. 

There's one for sale ebay along with a couple other things.  You may be able to contact the seller to see if he'll sell it separately?

Good luck man.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Asus-Maximus-Formula-1-x-Optional-Fan-1-x-Lcd-Poster-1-x-Rear-Guard-Plate-/132168236609?hash=item1ec5d73e41:g:jQIAAOSwHHFY~K11

Just now, done12many2 said:

There's one for sale ebay along with a couple other things.  You may be able to contact the seller to see if he'll sell it separately?

Good luck man.

Hey thanks. What search?

EDIT: I see it now. Ouch 50 USD. I'll hit him up on splitting it out.