Can we have a feature that automatically deletes topics with "Ransomware" in title?

Nicnac

Pls! And yes this Topic would be affected, too :P 

Edit: Didn't mean to trigger anyone

Edited by Nicnac
I dont want people to be triggered

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Deleting a topic based of the title without knowing the content is so wrong.

You don't judge a person by appearance

Same you don't judge Linus's video by his clickbaity thumbnails

Sounds good. That way anyone posting a topic with a news update on the current ransomeware situation will have the topic removed automatically, fantastic. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Deleting a topic based of the title without knowing the content is so wrong.

You don't judge a person by appearance

Same you don't judge Linus's video by his clickbaity thumbnails

This isn't a serious suggestion, as you probably figured. I am just soooo annoyed by all these people asking the same thing and creating useless topics

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Sounds good. That way anyone posting a topic with a news update on the current ransomeware situation will have the topic removed automatically, fantastic. 

How about updating one existing topic without creating an army of new ones?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

This isn't a serious suggestion, as you probably figured. I am just soooo annoyed by all these people asking the same thing and creating useless topics

I doubt it will happen, remember what happened when Ryzen launches?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I doubt it will happen, remember what happened when Ryzen launches?

yea... was about equally annoying 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

How about updating one existing topic without creating an army of new ones?

that feaure u mentioned above that will probably delete the topics that have the most info,so useless question

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

*TRIGGERED*

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

that feaure u mentioned above that will probably delete the topics that have the most info,so useless question

How about leaving one or two original, well formatted and written post that can be updated?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Oh how about this: Feature automatically detects "Ransomware" or equally trending topics and then asks you a couple questions allowing you only to post topic once you have basic understanding of the topic...

Obviously this would only be for news topics and those would have to be moderator-chosen. Would unfortunate to block people asking questions about pc building etc. I mean that's what this forum is about..... Ugh I am putting way too much thought into something that was meant to be a joke. :P 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

This topic is even worse than the ransomware!

Shitpostware!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

How about leaving one or two original, well formatted and written post that can be updated?

then why is this a forum...

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

then why is this a forum...

To increase general efficiency and informedness.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Nicnac said:

To increase general efficiency and informedness.

Why are we allowed to create multiple help post's and Guides,WHY!!!!

Why are we allowed to create multiple help post's and Guides,WHY!!!!

Help posts and guides are a different aspect and don't fall under this rule as I elaborated on here:

11 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Obviously this would only be for news topics and those would have to be moderator-chosen. Would unfortunate to block people asking questions about pc building etc. I mean that's what this forum is about..

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Is this where I go to find out information on ransomware?

11 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Oh how about this: Feature automatically detects "Ransomware" or equally trending topics and then asks you a couple questions allowing you only to post topic once you have basic understanding of the topic...

I can see why this won't work

Moderator will need to spend time to research what Ransomware is aboutbefore maing question and the question must be difficult enough to truly validate that the OP clearly knows what he's doing

Just now, NinJake said:

Is this where I go to find out information on ransomware?

It is. We have no information yet. Please stay tuned!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Nicnac said:

Help posts and guides are a different aspect and don't fall under this rule as I elaborated on here:

*TRIGGERED* *FACEPALM*

*TRIGGERED* *FACEPALM*

Pls don't hurt yourself

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Nicnac said:

Pls don't hurt yourself

I dont see a way how it can be only on one topic,wonder if all forum creates a topic with "Ransomeware" in it,how many threads would the MOD,ADMIN have to delete,oh yeah,only a billion

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I can see why this won't work

Moderator will need to spend time to research what Ransomware is aboutbefore maing question and the question must be difficult enough to truly validate that the OP clearly knows what he's doing

You're absolutely right which is why I never gave this a serious thought anyways :P 

On a serious note: I actually read something about certain news networks wanting to implement a certain feature in their websites, so that people who comment on a topic have to fully read and understand an article first. This was proposed to fight the spread of "fake news". But I see this as a rather unrealistic goal as well.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I dont see a way how it can be only on one topic,wonder if all forum creates a topic with "Ransomeware" in it,how many threads would the MOD,ADMIN have to delete,oh yeah,only a billion

That's why it might be automated

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Nicnac said:

That's why it might be automated

I dont see how that can be done