Is it worth the expense ?

So I bought a h100i v2 last November with plans to cool a 6700k when I got around to building a pc for my gf. So the pump in my AIO failed one night so I'm back on the stock fan that has terrible whine. Contacted Corsair and they told me I could have it replaced but here is the catch now, for me to ship the AIO back to corsair it's going to cost me $137 USD which works out to $274 in my currency and I only paid $96 USD for this. Is it worth the expense to RMA this ?

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

buying another one would be cheaper. 

I was thinking the same but the problem here no is the shipping fees, I got some one to bring that back for me while they were in the states.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

12 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I was thinking the same but the problem here no is the shipping fees, I got some one to bring that back for me while they were in the states.

how much would that cost in total?

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

how much would that cost in total?

A new one minus shipping $198. Inclusive of shipping, about the same I would be paying to RMA or more (I'd say more since customs likes to screw people over), so I'll generously say $300. That all in my currency

6 hours ago, XenosTech said:

So I bought a h100i v2 last November with plans to cool a 6700k when I got around to building a pc for my gf. So the pump in my AIO failed one night so I'm back on the stock fan that has terrible whine. Contacted Corsair and they told me I could have it replaced but here is the catch now, for me to ship the AIO back to corsair it's going to cost me $137 USD which works out to $274 in my currency and I only paid $96 USD for this. Is it worth the expense to RMA this ?

Did you try to explain it to them? If yes and it didn't help, then it's just easier and cheaper to simply get a new one.

1 hour ago, paprikman said:

Did you try to explain it to them? If yes and it didn't help, then it's just easier and cheaper to simply get a new one.

I reached out to them after making this thread, just waiting for a response to the ticket.

@paprikman @SCGazelle @nerdslayer1 So I had to do the one thing tech savvy people hate to do the most... Had to destroy it and send them pics instead of shipping it to them.... Now I have to wait and see if the destruction is to their liking q.q

18 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

@paprikman @SCGazelle @nerdslayer1 So I had to do the one thing tech savvy people hate to do the most... Had to destroy it and send them pics instead of shipping it to them.... Now I have to wait and see if the destruction is to their liking q.q

Congrats then! This is one of the most common replacement drill, when you destroy your broken stuff, if you can't ship it back.

Now it's just a question of time.

Just now, paprikman said:

Congrats then! This is one of the most common replacement drill, when you destroy your broken stuff, if you can't ship it back.

Now it's just a question of time.

I'm not too worried about time... I found a use for the rad though lol slapped the fans back on it and mounted it to the top of my case as and exhaust to take out some of that heat the stock fan is dumping in the case now