I need help

I have a computer without a graphic card and I would like to add 2 Rams. Is anybody able to help me.  I live in Montreal, Quebec. Thank you 

1494804905455-1560550334.jpg

14948050076771157959665.jpg

1494805034116-1847031808.jpg

1494805080934239874764.jpg

8 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

you just add 2 rams to it into the open slots 

it really is that simple... they only fit one way and they just kinda plug right in and click when you've done it right.

derp

1 minute ago, Linksys120n said:

it really is that simple... they only fit one way and they just kinda plug right in and click when you've done it right.

yep it looks like ddr3 socket you just buy 2 sticks of ddr3 and put them in and hope dell didn't do any dickery

Okay, take the ram out carefully and find the speed and type.  That is how you will order you next two.  Thing is, I can 't tell you if it will even support more.  We need some kind of information.  What version of windows and if it is 32 or 64 bit would be a huge help.  Also the current size of each module it already has would help as well.

1 hour ago, Rockstarz said:

Okay, take the ram out carefully and find the speed and type.  That is how you will order you next two.  Thing is, I can 't tell you if it will even support more.  We need some kind of information.  What version of windows and if it is 32 or 64 bit would be a huge help.  Also the current size of each module it already has would help as well.

speed doesn't matter this isn't ddr2 and you can tell by the slot its ddr3 and yeah it supports more can't you see the 4 slots

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

speed doesn't matter this isn't ddr2 and you can tell by the slot its ddr3 and yeah it supports more can't you see the 4 slots

but will his version of windows support more?

derp

Just now, Linksys120n said:

but will his version of windows support more?

probably since he has 2 sticks they are at least 2 gigs a stick so it should be 64 bit

7 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

Yeah, thanks for the lesson super sleuth.  I've seen a lot.  I have worked on a lot.  I have a process.  I like to be 100% sure and 100% accurate when I give someone my opinion.  Your answer "you just add 2 rams to it into the open slots" sounded more like a troll than an actual answer.  So I am completely blown away by the fact that you could tell it was DDR3.  What you don't know is, I've seen refurbs shipped with 4gb ram 2 per slot with 32bit windows 7 on them even.  I've seen people downgrade operating systems many many many times.  You just never know.  And I don't want to be that asshole that made a guy waste $40.  Granted Amazon has a pretty nice return policy, it's just nice to be right the first time.

So here is my final answer.  If you have a 64 bit version of windows.  and both of those sticks of ram add up to 4gb or more, then you will gain absolutely nothing from adding more ram, but you can.  Adding 4gb will set you back around $40-50.  You will however see a HUGE improvement in performance, if you replace your hard drive with an SSD($90) and a small improvement by adding a $30 graphics card.  Provided you are up to the challenge.

13 hours ago, Rockstarz said:

So here is my final answer.  If you have a 64 bit version of windows.  and both of those sticks of ram add up to 4gb or more, then you will gain absolutely nothing from adding more ram, but you can.  Adding 4gb will set you back around $40-50.  You will however see a HUGE improvement in performance, if you replace your hard drive with an SSD($90) and a small improvement by adding a $30 graphics card.  Provided you are up to the challenge.

dude.... depending on what he's doing more ram will help alot upgrading to a ssd will also help but so will more ram especially if he runs a lot of programs

2 hours ago, Alaradia said:

dude.... depending on what he's doing more ram will help alot upgrading to a ssd will also help but so will more ram especially if he runs a lot of programs

Open up every program you have, not including games, and check to see how much memory you use.  Mine it 3.6gb.  And that includes an ETH mining program that is cooking on two GPUs.  And a virus scan.

7 hours ago, Rockstarz said:

Open up every program you have, not including games, and check to see how much memory you use.  Mine it 3.6gb.  And that includes an ETH mining program that is cooking on two GPUs.  And a virus scan.

18.2 gigs and that isn't everything just my normal set up. also eth miners don't use up computer ram they use up gpu ram................ just because its cooking your gpus doesn't mean it would be using your ram

1 hour ago, Alaradia said:

18.2 gigs and that isn't everything just my normal set up. also eth miners don't use up computer ram they use up gpu ram................ just because its cooking your gpus doesn't mean it would be using your ram

It uses both, but not as much system memory or it would take 4 to 8gb.  However it does use more than any other individual program I run outside of gaming.  Couldn't imagine using 12 to 24gb for the big miners.  Those things were expensive enough.  You know how much a 1600watt PSU costs?!   I'm just grateful the ETH prices came back up.

That looks like an old piece of shit computer. You should probably set it on fire and build a new rig.