Pc boot and post, then unexpectedly turns off

gawax

So, I saw many threads with similar problems but this one is different. My pc manages to boot and post, I can even go in the bios but whatever happens if it stays on for more than like 20 seconds, it will switch off, but the hardware leds are still on. 

Happened with my old psu, and also my new psu. I checked all cables and tried booting up with some components off. It seems like it is the motherboard? Any of you have any other ideas or stuff I should do? 

Thanks. 

Little update, it doesn't boot anymore, just shuts off after 1 seconds

It may be a pin on the CPU socket that is shorting. So that would explain the BIOs still working. I would say it's a motherboard problem.

Have you tried checking the RAM? sounds very similar to what happened to my father's computer, and that was faulty RAM.

2 minutes ago, Sack said:

Have you tried checking the RAM? sounds very similar to what happened to my father's computer, and that was faulty RAM.

Yeah I booted in safe mode and it showed that all ram sticks were detected

Just now, gawax said:

Yeah I booted in safe mode and it showed that all ram sticks were detected

No, you need to physically remove them, and try running with only one stick to see if any of them are faulty.

7 minutes ago, Stingray321 said:

It may be a pin on the CPU socket that is shorting. So that would explain the BIOs still working. I would say it's a motherboard problem.

Agreed but how can the Cpu pin be damaged? 

3 minutes ago, gawax said:

Agreed but how can the Cpu pin be damaged? 

no idea, but that and ram are the only things I can think of

9 minutes ago, Stingray321 said:

no idea, but that and ram are the only things I can think of

Now it doesn't even stay on for a second 

I had this problem a while back and had to return the motherboard.

I was told It was the 24 pin connector on the board that wasn't connected properly and was a little bent or something.

I couldn't see a problem when I inspected it but that's what I was told by the manufacturer.

But to check other things first I would build it outside of the case. Try one stick of ram and then the other stick/s one by one.

Remove the cpu and inspect the socket and cpu. And then check all the connectors.

Also check everything on the mother board as much as possible.

Much easier to do this outside of the case.

Corsair 900D, GTX 780, Maximus V Formula, 3770K, 4 x Sandisc SSD's, WD Black 2T, FrozenQ red helix res, Laing d5 pump,XSPC Raystorm, 480 Black Ice sr-1, XSPC RX240, XSPC White Tubing, 2 x koolance qd3 fittings and a butt load of corsair fans lol

corsair k70 keyboard and m65 mouse

18 hours ago, Scottywelsh16 said:

I had this problem a while back and had to return the motherboard.

I was told It was the 24 pin connector on the board that wasn't connected properly and was a little bent or something.

I couldn't see a problem when I inspected it but that's what I was told by the manufacturer.

But to check other things first I would build it outside of the case. Try one stick of ram and then the other stick/s one by one.

Remove the cpu and inspect the socket and cpu. And then check all the connectors.

Also check everything on the mother board as much as possible.

Much easier to do this outside of the case.

I carefully checked the 24 pin cable and 2 pins were in the same hole, and one hole was empty, I'm gonna try to change that

Edit: that's totally normal apparently, I'm just gonna take my entire pc to a repair shop. 

22 minutes ago, gawax said:

I carefully checked the 24 pin cable and 2 pins were in the same hole, and one hole was empty, I'm gonna try to change that

Edit: that's totally normal apparently, I'm just gonna take my entire pc to a repair shop. 

usually if its a ram issue, system should reboot, not turn off. was the temps for the cpu ok in bios?