USB driver errors

I'm having two problems related to sound that need to be solved:

1. Non-functional audio jacks:

A few months ago (On windows 10), my headphones and microphone (3.5 mm jack) stopped working while plugged into the back of my computer. I plugged them into the front, and just like the back, they were detected but not working. Since then, I have plugged both devices into my USB keyboard that has audio ports, and everything works fine. I think it is software related since plugging them into the keyboard changed the drivers from "VIA HD Audio" to "PnP Sound Device" for both the speakers and microphone.

2. Missing enhancements tab:

I just got a new USB microhpone (Fifine k669b) and it sounds fine, but is a bit quiet. I wanted to use the audio enhancement tab/volume boost to turn the volume up since the levels tab is already maxed out; however, the enhancement tab is not there. Both my old "VIA HD Audio" drivers with the 3.5mm jack and "PnP Sound Device" drivers through the keyboard offered this feature, but now the microphone is running on "PnP Audio Device" drivers (Audio, not Sound) which does not offer it. I tried switching to the "Sound" version of the drivers, but it was not listed as compatible.

Any advice? Thanks for your help.

I would recommend un installing all your audio drivers and reinstalling them, won't lose anything and should resolve any software issues you may be experiencing. Google your mother board model to find the drivers for your specific OS.

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Let me guess, you didn't do a clean instal of win10, you only went the upgrade way?