Hotspot Shield Problem.

Go to solution Solved by Coombzy,

Any idea how to circumvent that as well?

unless you want to convince the IT guy to unblock that port nope 

I have bough the elite version of hotspot shield and it will connect while I'm at home, but when I'm at school it won't connect.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what is the solution. I kinda think that my school could be blocking the server that hotspot shield runs on or something like that.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I have bough the elite version of hotspot shield and it will connect while I'm at home, but when I'm at school it won't connect.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what is the solution. I kinda think that my school could be blocking the server that hotspot shield runs on or something like that.

are you sure the school admin hasn't put some sort of lock to prevent connecting via VPN?

are you sure the school admin hasn't put some sort of lock to prevent connecting via VPN?

How could I find out if the admin has done this?

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

How could I find out if the admin has done this?

Idk, you could ask the person in charge of IT?

The little troll of an admin at my school disabled vpn's and anything entertaining a long time ago.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Idk, you could ask the person in charge of IT?

I go to a school, do you honestly think that they would tell me how to circumvent their firewall/block. I'm looking for a way to do this without them knowing.

The little troll of an admin at my school disabled vpn's and anything entertaining a long time ago.

How do they disable VPN's? I thought that you would have to specifically block the ip address of the server for the VPN for this to happen.

How do they disable VPN's? I thought that you would have to specifically block the ip address of the server for the VPN for this to happen.

they disable the port a vpn would come through my college also does the same 

I go to a school, do you honestly think that they would tell me how to circumvent their firewall/block. I'm looking for a way to do this without them knowing.

ooooo... Well... I remember once when I used to go to school someone figured out how to get past it.  It was using some sort of thing in the Internet Settings. I will go no further until I know posting this is actually legal on here.

ooooo... Well... I remember once when I used to go to school someone figured out how to get past it.  It was using some sort of thing in the Internet Settings. I will go no further until I know posting this is actually legal on here.

Telling someone how to do something isn't illegal. Doing what you tell me would be illegal and you have no idea weather I will or won't do it. So you aren't at fault.  :D

they disable the port a vpn would come through my college also does the same 

Any idea how to circumvent that as well?

unless you want to convince the IT guy to unblock that port nope 

Well F*** that was the only reason I bought the VPN.

You could pay him off...

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Telling someone how to do something isn't illegal. Doing what you tell me would be illegal and you have no idea weather I will or won't do it. So you aren't at fault.  :D

May not be illegal, but is certainly immoral as you have stated you want to surreptitiously circumvent a network's security. It may also be in violation of this boards rules, which is what I suspect was meant by the original comment.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

May not be illegal, but is certainly immoral as you have stated you want to surreptitiously circumvent a network's security. It may also be in violation of this boards rules, which is what I suspect was meant by the original comment.

Is it against the rules? If so I didn't know, and really is trying to get on yahoo answers or wiki answers to complete an assignment that crazy?

find out where he lives and talk to him when hes off the clock. hes gonna turn that port of pretty fast in fear for his life.

this wat we did anyways

Is it against the rules? If so I didn't know, and really is trying to get on yahoo answers or wiki answers to complete an assignment that crazy?

stop being lazy you have books dont you.

find out where he lives and talk to him when hes off the clock. hes gonna turn that port of pretty fast in fear for his life.

this wat we did anyways

You actually went to his house and asked him to open the port? If that actually worked for you then you deserve a cookie.

You actually went to his house and asked him to open the port? If that actually worked for you then you deserve a cookie.

when ur 6ft8" and have 3 people with you you would do the same. and no we didnt ask we told him to

Here's your cookies sir.

Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

Well, there are ways to circumvent this. You could get your own cheap VPS and setup Openvpn, making it listen on the DNS port or smth your school wont ever block. I've done it before and it works wonders.

Hope it helped, good luck.

Exspress VPN has a way arround. How do I know? Tried it myself. Great VPN :-)

On exspress VPN you can switch between ports and TCP ports and UDP.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz