GAME: What part of my PC is broken?

TTesla
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Did you manage to complete a memory test which lasted longer then 10 minutes? Did you try a different windows, just to be sure? If not: brick it, and change mobo.

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah m8....ur buggered 

?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Crashed again...

1 hour ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Me thinks: memory or software/drivers. That's all I have to say. Please quote me when I win the game. (and what is the prize btw?)

16 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah m8....ur buggered 

So I am trying to update the chipset drivers through their driver update utility, but it isn't working. 

Says everything is fine, and to restart. Then I restart and I get that esrv.exe error and check to see if it got installed, and it didnt...

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Alternatively.....Macs are pretty nice. 

What do they not brake or something

Just now, Ethocreeper said:

there 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, bcguru9384 said:

replace the cmos battery

How and why would I do that?

it supplys critically needed "always on or ready" type voltage to cpu and ram.

think this battery as the system base clock source for its frequency

so if battery fails get full charge then it will not output full volts

now if base clock 200mhz@1.5vdc but you only have 1.35vdc 

1.5/1.35=A

200000000×A=B

B is the new base clock

check google for your mobo model cmos battery location

33 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

34 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

What do they not brake or something

2 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I'd use paper and pen to keep track of them crashes.

Did you use a stopwatch or slow motion camera, to confirm it's 10 minutes?

Anyways, I'd gues it's bad memory. You should use memtest to check if the memory is fine. If memtest will run for 11 minutes, try windows 7.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

have you ever had hardware issues on a mac? if the answer is yes, you wouldnt be saying this..

--

on topic: is it very specificly 10 minutes, or is it "somewhere thereabout" 10 minutes?

some possible culprits:

- unstabile / broken power supply

- faulty mobo (these are always fun to diagnose)

- faulty cpu

- faulty gpu

- faulty ram

- etc.. :P

guessing that the build is the one from your profile, could it be that one of the vareous overclocks you had caused some harm?

Ok, so the chip set driver isn't installing. But I just saw that my MOBO has a D4 error during the most recent freeze, which is "PCI rourrce allocation error. Out of resources"

any ideas?

thanks

4 minutes ago, hamzatu2 said:

Ok, so the chip set driver isn't installing. But I just saw that my MOBO has a D4 error during the most recent freeze, which is "PCI rourrce allocation error. Out of resources"

any ideas?

thanks

from a random PCPP article, try disabling fast boot.

i'd be mind freaking blown if that was the fix for this, but i guess its worth a try.

taking you still have lock-ups without the GPU installed?

EDIT: also do the old "only one ram stick installed" thing if the fast boot thing was as useless as i expect it to be.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

from a random PCPP article, try disabling fast boot.

i'd be mind freaking blown if that was the fix for this, but i guess its worth a try.

taking you still have lock-ups without the GPU installed?

Yeah still locking up, I'll disable fast boot but I would also be very mind blown if that was it

Used google with that error code. (google fixed it, PCI rESource allocation error. Out of resources) Came to this page, which suggested a few things, so I am not going to take credit here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/42104-d4-and-d3-error

"I've looked up the manual and it state the d4 error as: "PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources". This seems to have multiple possible causes:

• The GPU (or any other PCI device you have) is not properly seated
  • Faulty RAM stick
  • Overclocking
  • The way windows 8/8.1 handles shut down

So check if your GPU/PCI devices are seated correctly, check each of your RAM sticks, reset OC to stock and finally try disabling "fast boot" under Power Options>System settings."

6 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Used google with that error code. (google fixed it, PCI rESource allocation error. Out of resources) Came to this page, which suggested a few things, so I am not going to take credit here.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/42104-d4-and-d3-error

"I've looked up the manual and it state the d4 error as: "PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources". This seems to have multiple possible causes:

• The GPU (or any other PCI device you have) is not properly seated
  • Faulty RAM stick
  • Overclocking
  • The way windows 8/8.1 handles shut down

So check if your GPU/PCI devices are seated correctly, check each of your RAM sticks, reset OC to stock and finally try disabling "fast boot" under Power Options>System settings."

Fast boot / OCs already disabled, everything else was properly seated.

Leaves faulty ram, which I suggested a long time ago. Did you try to swap ram from another pc?

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Leaves faulty ram, which I suggested a long time ago. Did you try to swap ram from another pc?

I'll try one stick at a time, since the chances of both failing at the same time are astronomically high

43 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Still crashing, tried both separately.

Did you manage to complete a memory test which lasted longer then 10 minutes? Did you try a different windows, just to be sure? If not: brick it, and change mobo.

3 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

brick it, and change mobo.

Buy a Mac, buy a Mac, buy a Mac! 

xD hahaha jk

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

@DrMacintosh Yep @ jk. No one should consider buying a mac. (no jk here)

Btw, did that girl in your avatar take a bite from that mushroomish apple.

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

@DrMacintosh

Btw, did that girl in your avatar take a bite from that mushroomish apple.

?

@DrMacintosh She looks really hyper. Or is it a boy... Can't ever tell with them anime thingies.

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

@DrMacintosh She looks really hyper. Or is it a boy... Can't ever tell with them anime thingies.

lol its a girl. Its Atago from Kantai Collection. 

@DrMacintosh Ah, ok. Family of Atari?

1 hour ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Don't have the time to try a different windows right now, but I'll do it later. For some reason I feel like it's not gonna fix anything, probably because I've given up all hope in my life at this point...

22 minutes ago, hamzatu2 said:

I've given up all hope in my life at this point...

hug.gif.420a9a2bab83e8f54ef63c9ee987be91.gif