DIY PC

should i go for the R9 290X or the GeForce GTX 780 if the are both the same price

should i go for the R9 290X or the GeForce GTX 780 if the are both the same price

The differenfe of performance between R9 290X and a 780 Is not much.If you can pay for the 780,then go for it.There are lots of videos on YouTube regarding these cards performance in gaming.But at the same price of 780,you can get 2 R9 290 Non reference model which will prove to be more beast than a single 780.But those cards are made for 1440p or higher resolution gaming.Even a single R9 290x is overkill for 1080p.Personally i will always go for nvidia and enjoy the features they provide over AMD.

Hey guys. I want to build a computer, i have a $2,000 budget, and these are the parts I've picked so far. what do you guys think? i appreciate any help. thanks

CPU Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $304.99

CPU Cooler Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid $97.99

Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z87 ATX LGA1150 $226.98

Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 $179.99

Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD $80.99

StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $54.99

Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked $669.99

Case Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower $139.99

Power Supply Corsair 550W ATX12V / EPS12V $74.99

Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $19.98

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

If you are going for gaming only then I5 4670k and save 100$.I7 uses hyper threading technology which is not much used by current gen games.You would only see 1-5% difference which Is not a big deal.16GB is overkill for your entire system.8Gb would be enough.Go for 780 "no Ti version" if you are gaming at 1080p.Alternatively you could go for r9 290x and save few bucks as the difference between R9 290x and a 780ti is too low.You could also spend more than 100$ you saved on SSD or cooler but here take a suggestion from anyone else.

Ok, so I want to build something that can play everything on ultra settings and use it for rendering videos and my photograph stuff at the same time. I also want to oc. I have $2500.... What should I be looking for?

Ok, so I want to build something that can play everything on ultra settings and use it for rendering videos and my photograph stuff at the same time. I also want to oc. I have $2500.... What should I be looking for?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p2NDQ7

Here you go.Change the processor to i7 4790k

Hi guys im new to Gaming PCs. Im planning on building one but im not 100% sure on what I need. So far Im gonna get a NZXT Phantom 410 or 530 with an ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, an i7-4770K Processor. I dont know what graphics card, memory storage and Ram at a so-so afordable price. I also wnat to water cool it. If you have any recamendation please let me know and I appriciate your help.

Hi guys im new to Gaming PCs. Im planning on building one but im not 100% sure on what I need. So far Im gonna get a NZXT Phantom 410 or 530 with an ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, an i7-4770K Processor. I dont know what graphics card, memory storage and Ram at a so-so afordable price. I also wnat to water cool it. If you have any recamendation please let me know and I appriciate your help.

Your budget please?

alright, recon97 or ay one reading this does this set up make sense http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xQW7sY this is what i was thinking but oi want lots of feed back. This is my first set up so i want to know if I'm doing this right.

alright, recon97 or ay one reading this does this set up make sense http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xQW7sY this is what i was thinking but oi want lots of feed back. This is my first set up so i want to know if I'm doing this right.

We need to know your budget limit and your pc's purpose to give you the most p/p build, please

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

alright, recon97 or ay one reading this does this set up make sense http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xQW7sY this is what i was thinking but oi want lots of feed back. This is my first set up so i want to know if I'm doing this right.

The CPU is good,the Mobo is good,CPU cooler is good,gpu is good and PSU AND RAM is extremely bad.You font need that much ram.Stick with 16gb denominator platinum and save 200$.Since you computer foed not have 3 graphics card,why do you need 1200W PSU? That makes no sense.Here,get corsair ax860i.I suggest you to buy another 780.Stick to 780 ti version instead.If you want aesthetics,stick with the refefencr model of it otherwise buy Asus matrix or posideon.If you think you love that case,then I won't say anything but that case is a joke.I would suggest you to stick with obsidian series instead.Make these few changed and then your gaming pc is ready.And if you plan to get 2 780 ti,then buy a 1440p monitor.Asus swift is a great gaming 1440p monitor.It wil be out soon but I think it would he around 800$.Don't care about the money,its worth the shot.Well that monitor is basically 1440p with 144hz,27inch,1ms response time and super hot look.

THIS BUILD IS FOR GAMING AND OTHER PURPOSES,like rendering and stuff.AND YES DON'T BUY THE 860W one if you plan to stick with a single gpu.650W would make sense.ANF YES I AGAIN FORGOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING,buy Samsung EVO 500gb ssd and 1 tb western digital hybrid drive.

sorry, I forgot to take the psu out... That was from another build. so super dumb question but why the ti? what is ti? sorry im a noob....

as for the the case I could change it to obsidian 750d but what about the nzxt h440 would that be a good case or is that to small? honestly I can go with out a full size case. anothe question modular or non modular psu? i know the one you siad is modular right? oh and the ram what if i went with corsiar vengence pro? I just dont know witch one to get?

sorry, I forgot to take the psu out... That was from another build. so super dumb question but why the ti? what is ti? sorry im a noob....

as for the the case I could change it to obsidian 750d but what about the nzxt h440 would that be a good case or is that to small? honestly I can go with out a full size case. anothe question modular or non modular psu? i know the one you siad is modular right?

A ti version basically gives more fps and I don't remeber more,sorry.If I were you I would have sticked to 750D.If you are planning to further upstage your computer then a full tower case would be a good choice.R9 290x vapor X is another alternative to 780 ti.Do some research here.In PSU case,get a fully modular one so you don't have to plug in lots of wires which can be a real pain In the ass.

so right now i have dual monitors would it be beter to sell them and just go with one 4k monitor? like the asus pg278q rog?

so right now i have dual monitors would it be beter to sell them and just go with one 4k monitor? like the asus pg278q rog?

Well what resolution they have?.FYI Asus pg278q rog has 2k display.btw 4k displays are very expensive,buy one if you can or just wait 1 or 2 years and see their prices go down.

We need to know your budget limit and your pc's purpose to give you the most p/p build, please

want to be able to render pictures and videos also want to be able to game at ultra high setting I have $3000

want to be able to render pictures and videos also want to be able to game at ultra high setting I have $3000

I7 4790k is a good one then.Try getting 2 780 ti or 2 r9 290x vapor x.But if you are grtting Asus rog swift then get the 780 ti sli.

I7 4790k is a good one then.Try getting 2 780 ti or 2 r9 290x vapor x.But if you are grtting Asus rog swift then get the 780 ti sli.

Spend the remaining money on SSD and a good case.Consider phanteks enthoo primo too in case choice.

so this is were I am now I need a good case, psu and gpus Im at a lose cause i dont know what gpu to get I know i want navidia gtx for sure but not sure what to get so this is what i have so for http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VvMKsY. need help with color schemes... :wacko:

Well what resolution they have?.FYI Asus pg278q rog has 2k display.btw 4k displays are very expensive,buy one if you can or just wait 1 or 2 years and see their prices go down.

my monitors are 1080p there 21" samsung something i cant remeber but there not the best screens in the world...

so this is were I am now I need a good case, psu and gpus Im at a lose cause i dont know what gpu to get I know i want navidia gtx for sure but not sure what to get so this is what i have so for http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VvMKsY. need help with color schemes... :wacko:

For a good case,either buy 750d or any newer obsidian series.Don't go for 900D unless you are really a system builder.In gpu case,its a very easy choice to make.Just tell me,are you going to buy Asus rog swift?(try to be 110% sure in this case or otherwise you could loose nearly 400$).I cannot help you with color scheme bro,its up to you,yours choice to make.My fav color scheme is red and black.

DON'T GO FOR VENGEANCE RAM.GET DOMINATOR PLATINUM.IT'S SUPER HOT :)

my monitors are 1080p there 21" samsung something i cant remeber but there not the best screens in the world...

Well if you like 2 monitors setup then you can just keep those but for gaming a single monitor is a good choice,just my opinion.But I would just suggest ypu to buy Asus rog swift.

I want the swift but right now i Have to hold off on it. but cases I think I might go with Phanteks
Enthoo Pro. its a full size case and its $99 right now...might sell my monitor so I can Have the swift conected to my asus g750 js.... for the lols

psu: corsair rm850 gold??? yes no maybe??

I want the swift but right now i Have to hold off on it. but cases I think I might go with Phanteks

Enthoo Pro. its a full size case and its $99 right now... might sell my monitor so I can Have the swift conected to my asus g750 js.... for the lols

A good choice!.Then bug 2 780 ti.Don't get reference model if you care about heat and sound.

I am sure I can help tou with a gaming mouse,keyboard and a headphone.

If only there was a way to condense all of that to a single sentence, or a meme, so console gamers could comprehend it all lol.

Excellent guide.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have a black widow ulitimet and a razer naga pro epic ohhh and a razer kraken pro headset.... kinda of a razer kid....