DIY PC

Does anyone know if a 45mm rad would fit in a obsidian 350d

Check the width of the case.You can simply check its specs.

If I buy a X99 motherboard and a 2011-3 CPU do I have to buy DDR4 memory or can I just buy DDR3

If I buy a X99 motherboard and a 2011-3 CPU do I have to buy DDR4 memory or can I just buy DDR3

The new CPUs only support ddr4.

I want to get a x99 boarf but my rig is micro atx and the only released x99 board is asrock fatality. Does anyone know if asrock is reliable??

I want to get a x99 boarf but my rig is micro atx and the only released x99 board is asrock fatality. Does anyone know if asrock is reliable??

For its price, yes it is.

@Recon97 its price is $261 do you think i should get it or wait for the successor to the z97 chipset

For gaming you don't need new board,CPUs and rams.Personally I don't think you should buy.But its up to you if you want to stick with the new ha tee hardwares.

For gaming you don't need new board,CPUs and rams.Personally I don't think you should buy.But its up to you if you want to stick with the new ha tee hardwares.

I built my current rig when i was 13 and i wasnt into gaming much so i had an intel core i5 4440 and a b85m chipset board with 8gb of ram but now im into gaming and more intensive thing so i thought instead kf upgrading to a z97 and a 4670k i could just get x99. The hardest part now is ddr4 ram which is either so expensive or is cheaper but a green oem version by crucial which would really take a hit on the aesthetics of my build.

I built my current rig when i was 13 and i wasnt into gaming much so i had an intel core i5 4440 and a b85m chipset board with 8gb of ram but now im into gaming and more intensive thing so i thought instead kf upgrading to a z97 and a 4670k i could just get x99. The hardest part now is ddr4 ram which is either so expensive or is cheaper but a green oem version by crucial which would really take a hit on the aesthetics of my build.

I lf you really want the new generation system you have to wait for at least 1 year for their price drops and new motherboards like from Asus which by that time release maximus x99 motherboard which is gunna be cheaper than rampage.After one year,hopefully we will be able to see mass producing of ddr 4 ram and in turn it is then going to get cheap.For just gaming or if you can't wait,just get with x79 mobo.

If i get a dual channel ddr4 8gb kit now and get another 4gb stick later will it recognise all of them as triple channel

OMG i AM so confused i just decided to skip x99 and stick with z97 but when i checked all the stores for a 4770k its discontinued and i check for a 4670k and also discontinued whats going on

Asus Z97-K, socket 1150, Intel Z97, 4xDDR3, 6xSATA3, ATX

Intel Pentium G3258, LGA 1150, 3MB, 53W

HyperX FURY Blue 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz

Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W

Hard Disk Drive WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Blue WD10EZEX, 1000GB, 64MB, SATA 3

NZXT Source 210 Elite

Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X OC & Boost, 2GB, GDDR5, 256bit

Is this a good pc for gaming ? I also intend to upgrade to a Broadwell i5 / i7 in a year or two. Would I be able to run Witcher 3, GTA V and future games with the pc from above ? Of course I'm gonna oc the cpu and maybe the gpu too.

Asus Z97-K, socket 1150, Intel Z97, 4xDDR3, 6xSATA3, ATX

Intel Pentium G3258, LGA 1150, 3MB, 53W

HyperX FURY Blue 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz

Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W

Hard Disk Drive WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Blue WD10EZEX, 1000GB, 64MB, SATA 3

NZXT Source 210 Elite

Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X OC & Boost, 2GB, GDDR5, 256bit

Is this a good pc for gaming ? I also intend to upgrade to a Broadwell i5 / i7 in a year or two. Would I be able to run Witcher 3, GTA V and future games with the pc from above ? Of course I'm gonna oc the cpu and maybe the gpu too.

i think that you would be better off with 4 more gigs of ram and a ssd is a very worthwhile add but other than that you are pretty good

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

OMG i AM so confused i just decided to skip x99 and stick with z97 but when i checked all the stores for a 4770k its discontinued and i check for a 4670k and also discontinued whats going on

They got replaced with the 4790k and 4690k. Both are Z97...

Amazing post. Everybody needs to see this.

I personally bought a lot of components for my computer second-hand, which was a benefit for me because things like my case came with extra fans, a CPU cooler and some other bits and bobs, and the whole lot costed less than my case would of cost new.

Also, I started off with a second hand 9600 GT OC that I bought cheap, sold that for profit and bought a 5770 cheap, then sold that for more profit and bought my Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC new. Obviously it takes some effort to do this, but it just proves that upgrading over time *can* be cost effective.

MDM

Amazing post. Everybody needs to see this.

I personally bought a lot of components for my computer second-hand, which was a benefit for me because things like my case came with extra fans, a CPU cooler and some other bits and bobs, and the whole lot costed less than my case would of cost new.

Also, I started off with a second hand 9600 GT OC that I bought cheap, sold that for profit and bought a 5770 cheap, then sold that for more profit and bought my Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC new. Obviously it takes some effort to do this, but it just proves that upgrading over time *can* be cost effective.

MDM

Have subscribed to your channel. :D

Haha thanks, for the fantastic post. It's nice to see people trying to tell others what is worth throwing money on.

3GB is more than enough for a 3 monitor eyefinity set-up.

is 2 gb good enough for 1200 x 5760?