can i replace the battery in my dell latitude e6430 laptop?

my battery in my dell latittude e6430 laptop has been failing me. i did the map and each of the cells are only 733 mah. i found these online and idk if they are trash or not but if i used these i would get theoretically 10.9140518417 hours of battery life. so should i get 8 of these batteries and try and make my laptop battery life better or no. is there something im missing.

The battery is probs a proprietary sealed unit, and you have to replace the whole thing, not just the cells inside. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

my battery in my dell latittude e6430 laptop has been failing me. i did the map and each of the cells are only 733 mah. i found these online and idk if they are trash or not but if i used these i would get theoretically 10.9140518417 hours of battery life. so should i get 8 of these batteries and try and make my laptop battery life better or no. is there something im missing.

Why don't you just get a brand new battery unit from Dell iteself?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

2 minutes ago, kameshss said:

This ^^^ You might poison yourself or something trying to break open a sealed unit, replace the individual cells, and the put it back together. Dell, Amazon, Ebay, etc should have replacements. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Try and find a whole battery, I recently tried to do exactly this but with slightly used cells and it was a nightmare. Trying to get the right type of wire to do it and then trying to fit the whole mess back into the casing it was not fun at all. and because I soldered the cells together, It pretty much killed the capacity of the battery. It was for fun and my laptop was dead anyway but I'd never do it again especially with all the risks even after you finish with it.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

3 minutes ago, yuh25 said:

Try and find a whole battery, I recently tried to do exactly this but with slightly used cells and it was a nightmare. Trying to get the right type of wire to do it and then trying to fit the whole mess back into the casing it was not fun at all. and because I soldered the cells together, It pretty much killed the capacity of the battery. It was for fun and my laptop was dead anyway but I'd never do it again especially with all the risks even after you finish with it.

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

This ^^^ You might poison yourself or something trying to break open a sealed unit, replace the individual cells, and the put it back together. Dell, Amazon, Ebay, etc should have replacements. 

10 minutes ago, kameshss said:

12 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

The battery is probs a proprietary sealed unit, and you have to replace the whole thing, not just the cells inside. 

Okay so just get the 9 call upgrade battery for it? What about making an external power bank. Like how they have on phones. Couldnt I put 8 of these cells in parallel and series and then use a voltage regulator? Then just have the output be the barrel plug the laptop takes or the slice connector on the bottom of the laptop. The slice would be cool to use.

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Okay so just get the 9 call upgrade battery for it? What about making an external power bank. Like how they have on phones. Couldnt I put 8 of these cells in parallel and series and then use a voltage regulator? Then just have the output be the barrel plug the laptop takes or the slice connector on the bottom of the laptop. The slice would be cool to use.

Are you tryna to do a "COOL" project? or you wanna use the laptop regularly? Lot of work imo, or if you're interested, you may go ahead and do all those. Don't think they have a 19 volt power bank. I've seen 12 volt powerbanks though.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

13 minutes ago, kameshss said:

Are you tryna to do a "COOL" project? or you wanna use the laptop regularly? Lot of work imo, or if you're interested, you may go ahead and do all those. Don't think they have a 19 volt power bank. I've seen 12 volt powerbanks though.

I want to increase my laptop battery life. I mean it would also be a fun project but I do need more battery on my laptop. In terms of the slice connector I was thinking about doing that because windows would show me the percentage of that battery instead of it being an external power bank. 

4 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

See

https://www.anker.com/deals/powerhouse2 ;)

^^^ sweet af. I'd trust Anker than any other brand. But this thing is $500.:o 

6 minutes ago, kameshss said:

https://www.anker.com/deals/powerhouse2 ;)

^^^ sweet af. I'd trust Anker than any other brand. But this thing is $500.:o 

7 minutes ago, kameshss said:

Sweet! 

Is there any way I could make a battery Bank that uses the slice connector on my laptop?

7 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Is there any way I could make a battery Bank that uses the slice connector on my laptop?

I'm not sure. But you can always run on AC power adapter without battery. But you'll see "No battery present" indicator on Windows. You can always check the remaining power on the power bank display though.

17 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Look on Instructables or something. Though have you seen the power bank Austin Evans used in his portable PS4 video? It seems like what you're looking for. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Look on Instructables or something. Though have you seen the power bank Austin Evans used in his portable PS4 video? It seems like what you're looking for. 

but thats $500. with that money i would just buy a new laptop lol. im looking to spend $20-$30

11 minutes ago, kameshss said:

I'm not sure. But you can always run on AC power adapter without battery. But you'll see "No battery present" indicator on Windows. You can always check the remaining power on the power bank display though.

ive thought about it but wouldnt it be the same difficulty anyway to solder a slice connecter on rather than an ac outlet? with the slice adapter its still all one unit too because i could attach the battery to the laptop.

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

i would be getting this if i go that route. http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-cell-Battery-For-Dell-Latitude-E5420-E5430-E5530-E6420-E6430-ATG-E6520-E6530-/151775756893?hash=item23568a425d:g:UicAAOSwuTxV8o7S it seems to be the cheapest. but thats still not a lot of power for the price. if i made my own battery and connected it to the slice connecter with the batteries in the original post it would be 24000 mah or 12000mah depending if i use 4 or 8 batteries. and if i go in series it will obviously be less

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

actually if i used the 8 batteries in series and parallel to get 11.1 volts it would be 8000 mah unless i got a 9th battery to get it to 9000mah. it would be 3 individual parallel circuits hooked up in series. one with 2 batteries and the other two with 3.