Laptop Battery Jacked Up

Go to solution Solved by bgibbz,

Batteries are very complex and die over time, there really isn't much you can do besides replace it. 

Hello there! So, my laptop has a fairly serious issue; the battery doesn't hold it's charge very well. At 65%, it's telling me I'm getting 1hr and 17 mins of battery life. I do know that the previous user of this laptop didn't know or do anything to prolong the life of the battery. One thing that should be known is that this laptop is fairly new; it's less than 1 and a half years old. As well, this is a Lenovo business T440P, and Lenovo Business basically means unbreakable. So, does anybody have any ideas to get the battery life back up without buying a new battery(different charging routine, etc?) Thanks!

3 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

So, does anybody have any ideas to get the battery life back up without buying a new battery(different charging routine, etc?) Thanks!

You're kind of asking for some voodoo black magic here....

What kind of battery life are you expecting to be getting and what are you doing on the laptop? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Batteries are very complex and die over time, there really isn't much you can do besides replace it. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

37 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're kind of asking for some voodoo black magic here....

What kind of battery life are you expecting to be getting and what are you doing on the laptop? 

On my laptop, mostly idle, a bit of web browsing, and it's unable to hold a charge for moe than 2.5 hrs, even on power saving.