Question about Outlook

Hi everyone,

When mulitple users utilize Outlook 2016 on the same computer and sign in with their respective accounts, how does that affect the profiles that appear under Mail in Control panel?

For instance, Suzy and John use the same computer because they have different shifts. Suzy signs into Outlook in the morning with her account. John signs in with his account in the afternoon.

Can each user have multiple profiles? How are they associated with their respective accounts? What does Mail under Control panel look like if Suzy has 2 profiles under her account, and John has 3 profiles under his account.

Let's say Suzy has a Self Employed Business profile and her 9-5 job profile. Let's say John has 9-5 job profile, Self Employed Profile, and is weird and has a profile with his kid's emails inboxes.

See what I'm saying?

Thanks.

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

If each user has their own AD account and exchange is using MAPI than each windows profile would only have one outlook profile.

19 hours ago, BeefyMeats said:

If each user has their own AD account and exchange is using MAPI than each windows profile would only have one outlook profile.

What if the two employees shared a single AD account called "Accountant" but signed into Outlook with two different Microsoft accounts? I'd experiment with this myself but I only have one Microsoft account

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

On 5/4/2017 at 5:49 PM, berderder said:

What if the two employees shared a single AD account called "Accountant" but signed into Outlook with two different Microsoft accounts? I'd experiment with this myself but I only have one Microsoft account

You can attach more mailboxes to a profile by going to outlook and File -> Accounts. Somewhere in there is an email tab with a profile and you can click advanced i think and add a mailbox. Or an IT admin could have assigned delegate access which would essentially do the same.