Hello, so I want to upgrade my computer but I don't know what is the best bang for the buck. Right now I have a amd fx 8320, 8gb of ram, Amd 285, 750w power supply, 2t  hard drive, and a 240gb ssd. The games I like to play most are; Total War Warhammer, league of legends, and civilization 5. I have about $600 saved up, but I just started a new job so I can spend more if needed.

You can upgrade GPU, get a bigger size SSD, get a better CPU...

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

3 minutes ago, cupcackguy said:

Hello, so I want to upgrade my computer but I don't know what is the best bang for the buck. Right now I have a amd fx 8320, 8gb of ram, Amd 285, 750w power supply, 2t  hard drive, and a 240gb ssd. The games I like to play most are; Total War Warhammer, league of legends, and civilization 5. I have about $600 saved up, but I just started a new job so I can spend more if needed.

Well, you might as well move to 16GB RAM, Ryzen 1700, X379 board and maybe an RX580 if you like AMD. A GTX 1060 would also be good, as would an i7 7700K but they might cost more, the rest if the system is fine for now really. 

Yours faithfully

I'm ngl if your computer suits your needs (you expressed no displeasure with your pc's performance) you shouldn't really upgrade. The upgrade itch is strong, I know,
Now if you're having issues with your PCs performance that's a whole different story.

Having more RAM is always nice though, maybe get another 8gb set.

I make bad life decisions.

Something like this would be a huge upgrade

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.55 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($106.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GAMING X Video Card  ($244.99 @ B&H)
Total: $692.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-03 19:14 EDT-0400

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

6 minutes ago, lkarej said:

I'm ngl if your computer suits your needs (you expressed no displeasure with your pc's performance) you shouldn't really upgrade. The upgrade itch is strong, I know,
Now if you're having issues with your PCs performance that's a whole different story.

Having more RAM is always nice though, maybe get another 8gb set.

I'd say there isn't a good reason for him to upgrade beyond 8 GB, especially considering the price of RAM of these days. Upgrade GPU, or basically build a new PC if you wanna upgrade CPU as well.

8 minutes ago, Lemonpearl said:

I'd say there isn't a good reason for him to upgrade beyond 8 GB, especially considering the price of RAM of these days. Upgrade GPU, or basically build a new PC if you wanna upgrade CPU as well.

Fair enough, I know for me personally though it's minimum 16gb or bust.
I rarely use over 60% of it, but it's nice to have if I'm doing a lot of things at once.
I bought my RAM when it was like almost 200CAD for 16GB lmao. And that was long enough ago it was when CAD and USD were close to on par with each other :P

I make bad life decisions.

I was just running through this situation but way older CPU and old phenom II x6. I ended up just doing the entire system over a few weeks and did the power supply, then GPU, and finally did the CPU/Mobo/Ram.

I think you'd get the most from a new GPU. If you go with the CPU you're probably looking at a new board and ddr4 ram and you'll max out that budget real fast.

I'd wait to see how well Vega does price/performance or grab a 1070, then maybe a new monitor with the next step.