Ashes of Creation (MMO) Kickstarter Funded $750k in 12 hrs

Rupe
19 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

"don't wanna risk too much on a kickstarter" *pledges $150* that's 3x a triple A title cost xD you made my $40 feel like peasantry lmao

I also went for the same one, it is definatly steep but still feels like a compromise as if you wana get in the ealiest alpha (alpha phase 1) you have to spend $500

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

59 minutes ago, Rupe said:

I also went for the same one, it is definatly steep but still feels like a compromise as if you wana get in the ealiest alpha (alpha phase 1) you have to spend $500

Man you guys are invested :P Personally I never spend more than 40-60 because it might never happen + its going to be a $15/month sub after launch. Also been stung a couple times on kickstarter makes you wary :Pbacked 2 games so far that may never see launch (one of which being the notorious star citizen)

2 hours ago, IceCold008 said:

First time ive pledged any money on any project on kickstarter tbh. I hope it worth it. But ive been looking for a decent MMO for YEARS now and im not the only one like. 

2 hours ago, Rupe said:

Done some more research and pretty hyped so I bit the bullet and upped my pledge to Early bird founder $135. The game looks worth it if it makes it to launch.

Theres a few more videos out on youtube. Answering questions on what the game will offer, check it out if your one of them people which is unsure about this up comming MMO. Plus cough cough under my breath bump to top of the forum for more backers and more interest for people which has not seen the game yet :)

On 5/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Simon771 said:

I'm interested in this game, but I just hope UE4 will be good enough to utilise all CPU cores and GPU power.

Last thing we need is another MMORPG that will have unstable FPS when a lot of things are happening.

Hopefully DX12 or Vulkan support?

Combat looks kinda slow and borring, but it's not completed yet, so I will try not to judge too much.

Node system ... not sure how does that even work. Lets say 20 players are around that node. 10 of them are afk, 5 of them are grinding mobs solo, and there is group of 5 players in party grinding together. Will that node upgrade to Town for all those 20 players? Or only for those 5 in party that were doing the most things? I'm a bit confused about this ...

So game will be released in december 2018 ... players will start at the same spot most likely and the first node will get to max level instantly.

So when new players start playing this game lets say in Januray 2019, they will already see that node being maxed out?

Will they optimise it for Ryzen, since it's still in development and they can test it a bit?

Pay to win?

So many questions xD

NO Pay to Win, the CEO is against this practice and none of the backers want it either. The game will be paid-to-play. In the last stream he also said he will prevent "Zergs". So none of this crap either. They said explicitly that you will be limited in inventory, so all the trading will be done with caravans. Sorry, you can't carry 1000 ores. I did not hear anything about inventory expansion, but only cosmetics in the in-game store. This is not BDO and they won't have a publisher, just like Star Citizen.

As for Alpha, yes it is Dec 2018, but they will try to release it in 2019.

I like how the dev team shares their ideas on twitch strams, they are really trying to go around the bad practices of other MMOs, and that of course includes TELEPORTATION (the covered this on the last stream) - teleportation is bad for the actual game design. So you may have fast travel, but there won't be much of it. That's what was annoying with Skyrim that i could go quickly from place to place, just by teleport...i do not want to see such feature implemented in MMOs any more, and it is why i always travel manually in most MMOs. It takes HOURS, but that's all well and good. Here is what was mentioned in the stream yesterday - you won't be able to teleport from node to node, you will have to travel there manually.

No, players won't spawn on the same place... they will spawn in different places depending on the Race you choose.Have in mind there is NO faction vs faction. 

Nodes are leveled up collectively by players....so no, 20 players will HARDLY level up a node.That would depend on the experience the node is getting, but you should ask developers at discord for more info.

Nothing much said about Vulkan support, but you might wanna go ask on Discord.

Here is a link: https://discord.gg/PDCKd

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Thought I would update this thread sharing some of my most recent thoughts. 

I do become increasingly concerned with the kickstarter stretch goals. It seems the devs are seriously out to generate hype with substantial stretch goals, a whole new naval mechanical with naval battles and underwater areas, new underground world..... This would not be so concerning if we had more of a game to look at right now. All I see is some nice assets and the shell of a combat system and they continue to announce huge additions to the game.

I am starting to get the feeling this will end up being another star citizen forever in development. They should of kept stretch goals down to small cosmetics and pets, and just got the core game they showed off initially completed. They are still a small team and even just the original task looked massive but it does start to seem ridiculous at this point. 

They talk about so much stuff yet we have seen so little. All the politics of the world, inter-node relationships, citizenship, the caravan system, freeholds. All we see is assets and then the devs explaining how things will work.

I don't mind the game being in early development stages I just wish they would stop promising large new things while what they have at the moment seems like less content then any 1 of those new aspects they are promising.

The more I listen to Steven the creative director talk the more I only hear him as a really good salesmen.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Yea i get the feeling its too good to be true. I keep asking myself please NOT another No Man Sky.  They need to hire more people but have to remember the have been working on this game for over 15 months before the kickstarter and the game engine Unreal 4 is allready made for them. They just have to edit certain parts of the engine for the game. This give them more time to work on the game features itself and not the engine most of the time. Problem is the MMO scene is been burnt too many times over the last few years or more and people know this. 

Lets hope they can keep it up. They have the money now so they can at least hire so more people if they are behind on the project.