Phenteks p400 vs p400s

The P400S is better but not 40$ better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

15 minutes ago, Suttonspencer said:

Is it worth the $40 difference?

Only difference between them is the addition of sound dampening and a fan controller. But here are pics of my P400S acrylic window and my wife's P400 tempered glass which is absolutely stunning. 

1493599815031-1481647648.jpg

1493599855211-1400273571.jpg

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

16 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Only difference between them is the addition of sound dampening and a fan controller. But here are pics of my P400S acrylic window and my wife's P400 tempered glass which is absolutely stunning. 

1493599815031-1481647648.jpg

1493599855211-1400273571.jpg

Dear sir, I may be hijacking this thread a little, But As I am about to get this case as well, how does the LED strip actually connect? Does it require a motherboard header?

7 minutes ago, valkarian said:

Dear sir, I may be hijacking this thread a little, But As I am about to get this case as well, how does the LED strip actually connect? Does it require a motherboard header?

No it doesn't. The case comes with 1 led strip at the bottom front of the case to light up the Phanteks logo. Then you can purchase their led kit for around 20 usd and it brings 2 strips and an optional connector for the Asus aura and Msi mystic light enabled motherboards. But you don't need those of you don't want them. You can control the rgb setup with the onboard controller that comes with the case. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1 minute ago, Zusafek said:

No it doesn't. The case comes with 1 led strip at the bottom front of the case to light up the Phanteks logo. Then you can purchase their led kit for around 20 usd and it brings 2 strips and an optional connector for the Asus aura and Msi mystic light enabled motherboards. But you don't need those of you don't want them. You can control the rgb setup with the onboard controller that comes with the case. 

So you're saying it doesn't come with one of their RGB strips (other than the one out front) already included in the build? I must say, I was slightly misinformed!

i also have a question about how many fans can you plug into the fan controller?

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

17 minutes ago, valkarian said:

So you're saying it doesn't come with one of their RGB strips (other than the one out front) already included in the build? I must say, I was slightly misinformed!

15 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

i also have a question about how many fans can you plug into the fan controller?

Yeah. It only comes with the one small strip but it's easy to expand and not expensive. 

And the fan controller can fit 3 fans on it. Its powered by a sata connector and controlled by a small button on the front bottom lip at the top of the case. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Bought my P400 TG just the other day, some things I noticed.

- it DOES come with an additional LED strip. 

- there is a LED header from the front IO to plug the strip into

- there is one small strip in the front of the case already placed.

- If you're getting the P400, consider getting a fan hub to power all the available fans you might consider adding.

- to place 3 x 120mm fans in the front you just need to move the base plate slightly back and use the screws from the HDD rack to hold the plate in place.

A fantastic looking case

3 hours ago, valkarian said:

Bought my P400 TG just the other day, some things I noticed.

- it DOES come with an additional LED strip. 

- there is a LED header from the front IO to plug the strip into

- there is one small strip in the front of the case already placed.

- If you're getting the P400, consider getting a fan hub to power all the available fans you might consider adding.

- to place 3 x 120mm fans in the front you just need to move the base plate slightly back and use the screws from the HDD rack to hold the plate in place.

A fantastic looking case

Thank you for the update. They must have recently started to include the interior led strip. I purchased my wife's on a pre order and for it about 4 days before it hit the market. So I had to purchase the strips separately. I will change my info for the TG version now. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

5 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Thank you for the update. They must have recently started to include the interior led strip. I purchased my wife's on a pre order and for it about 4 days before it hit the market. So I had to purchase the strips separately. I will change my info for the TG version now. 

My pleasure. Thank you too for actively answering all the P400 questions. 

It now houses my Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme and runs smooth as butter. 

The lack of a fan controller is slightly a problem on the P400, so do get a fan hub of your choice so you can at least control the speeds efficiently. 

This is especially prevalent for me as I'm using a mATX mobo with less than sufficient fan headers.

EDIT: Did yours come with the screws and accessories nicely packed or just in a common ziploc?

43 minutes ago, valkarian said:

My pleasure. Thank you too for actively answering all the P400 questions. 

It now houses my Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme and runs smooth as butter. 

The lack of a fan controller is slightly a problem on the P400, so do get a fan hub of your choice so you can at least control the speeds efficiently. 

This is especially prevalent for me as I'm using a mATX mobo with less than sufficient fan headers.

EDIT: Did yours come with the screws and accessories nicely packed or just in a common ziploc?

My P400S came with the accessories in a small box with the extra screws and the hard covers/dust filters for the top of the case.

My wifes P400 Tempered glass came with accessories in just a zip lock bag.  

For a fan controller if you don't get one of the S models, I recommend the Silverstone fan controller.  Its inexpensive and can have up to 5 fans on it.  Plus its all 4 pin fan setup and can attach to a 4 pin on your motherboard.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

58 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

For a fan controller if you don't get one of the S models, I recommend the Silverstone fan controller. 

Yeah, strongly recommend Silverstone Fan hubs. They're relatively inexpensive, allow for PWM connectors (although the case only provides 3 pin fans but that's fine) and mine can hold up to 8 fans with a separate SATA connection for better power delivery.

you can find the p400s tg (tempered glass with the silent padding) for the same price if you search online... that's what i did and i got a steal... go on ebay as well... old cases aren't going to harm your PC

9 hours ago, saksham said:

you can find the p400s tg (tempered glass with the silent padding) for the same price if you search online... that's what i did and i got a steal... go on ebay as well... old cases aren't going to harm your PC

Hard to rely on second hand deals though, but you do raise a valid point.