Idea for a COOL AF VID™

Dear Gaming\Techie\PCmasterRACE community,

I´m being triggered everyday by yall saying that gaming latpops (or laptops in general) are overpriced. I know you can build a better PC for less blah blah, but what you kids are forgetting is that with a laptop you have a screen, keyboard and touchpad included, which are crucial for using the damn thing. Don´t forget that all that is included in something the size of your damn monitor alone. So I was thinking if @LinusTech could use his DIY SKILLZ to try building a pc big enough to fit in a slightly bigger than average backpack. So it could go like this : Linus gets a gaming laptop that´s considered overpriced or something and he bases his build on it. So if the laptop has 17" 4K screen with G-Sync Linus has to put a Monitor with matching specs etc etc.Now I know that it would probably still have better value, so to even things up, we´re gonna count the time wasted too! How? We take the average hourly payment amount in the US (sorry for my English BTW, I´m having a hard time writing such cool stuff) and we add that x however many hours this $h!t storm takes. So average payment in US is $25 per hours, and if it takes 10 hours you add $250 to your build... OK that´s too much but you get the idea. Main point is you add the money you could've made if you worked instead of wasting time on this.

I really wanna see this happen soo.. Please ,LMG?

Thanks for reading this pile of garbage and if this doesn't become a thing or at least an interesting discussion I'm gonna be sad...  

1 minute ago, Doublei7 said:

could use his DIY SKILLZ to try building a pc big enough to fit in a slightly bigger than average backpack.

he did with the dan case( just change the spec to your needs), just add a 20 or 21-inch monitor, keyboard, and mouse. you also need to carry a big battery. just get a dell Inspiron for a cheap gaming laptop or use a ThinkPad gaming pc combo.  

2 minutes ago, Doublei7 said:

So average payment in US is $25 per hours, and if it takes 10 hours you add $250 to your build... OK that´s too much but you get the idea. Main point is you add the money you could've made if you worked instead of wasting time on this.

that's not how engineering works. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

he did with the dan case( just change the spec to your needs), just add a 20 or 21-inch monitor, keyboard, and mouse. you also need to carry a big battery. just get a dell Inspiron for a cheap gaming laptop or use a ThinkPad gaming pc combo.  

I'm not saying he should do this because it's useful or anything, I'm saying he should do it because it would be fun to watch. No need to be super specific. Also idk about the dan case thing, probably forgotten it. 

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Ok i watched that vid again and it's not what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of something that you don't have to set up, you just open it or just turn it on and it's ready for use, for eg you could fix a monitor to the  case and have just the mouse and keyboard dangling. I don't really know how hard it could be, or if it's even possible. But why not give it a try or smth. 

1 minute ago, Doublei7 said:

Ok i watched that vid again and it's not what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of something that you don't have to set up, you just open it or just turn it on and it's ready for use, for eg you could fix a monitor to the  case and have just the mouse and keyboard dangling. I don't really know how hard it could be, or if it's even possible. But why not give it a try or smth. 

something like that would cost a lot more than an inspiration 7000 even with the same spec, not really worth it but an interesting concept. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

something like that would cost a lot more than an inspiration 7000 even with the same spec, not really worth it but an interesting concept. 

Well that's what I'm trying to say manufacturing laptops isn't easy or cheap and if you consider this stuff laptops are actually cheap. But i don't think it would cost much more than a laptop. What i was thinking is a case like the node 202 with a panel fixed on the back with glue or smth (because ltt) and a diy battery pack laid flat on the other side of the case. Then u just connect the mouse and keyboard and done. It would ne anything but easy, but still interesting and cool af.