ATX standoffs misaligned, help?! (Picture inside)

So I'm building a new system, and my Asus Z270H board doesn't fit with the ATX standoffs in my Fractal Design Define S case. What the heck is going on?? I'm kind of freaking out because this is one expensive build!

Take a look: http://imgur.com/a/ha8Xv

Just now, NoobCase said:

Looks to me like you didn't align the IO with the IO cover. Insert it at a slight angle making sure your IO goes through the appropriate holes in the IO cover

The cover isn't on in the picture, the mobo fits the other holes as you can see but right side is just a mess.. I don't get this. Even the bump in the middle is in place, as you can see right next to the SSD.

as @NoobCase already said, the IO needs to go through the IO shield. The metal of the IO needs to be against the IO shield but now you can see the io itself

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, Mondaze said:

The cover isn't on in the picture, the mobo fits the other holes as you can see but right side is just a mess.. I don't get this. Even the bump in the middle is in place, as you can see right next to the SSD.

ow now i see it. your MOBO doesnt have the "normal" ATX dimensions. as long as the other holes fit it is good, but remove the unused standoffs before starting the system on

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite