Eliminating cell phone buzz

Ginger_

I love my stereo, but it is plagued by static buzz whatever stuff from my phone if it is anywhere within 6 feet of it. Not the easiest thing to keep as well considering its all on my desk as it's only plugged into my computer.

Ive bought some ferrite on Amazon, cut some out of old cables but haven't had any luck at eliminating it. I've wrapped the input cable twice through it right before the stereo. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Uh, keep your phone at least 6 feet away? RFI is bad for audio. A new stereo might solve that, but I'm not sure how to determine which products are properly isolated without buying them first.

wrap your phone in tin foil before bringing it within 6 ft of your stereo.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

22 minutes ago, spwath said:

wrap your phone in tin foil before bringing it within 6 ft of your stereo.

going to go one farther and wrap stereo in foil since those are usually stationary lol

joking around also

Helpful. Haha.

I didn't know if there was something I might of been missing but guess I'm just out of luck with this one eh? 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

5 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Helpful. Haha.

I didn't know if there was something I might of been missing but guess I'm just out of luck with this one eh? 

pretty much. Ssl's suggestion was the only real one

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

this happens when the amp is not properly shielded, unless you want to open up the stereo and shield it yourself, just get a new, higher quality one