Nintendo Switch making unbearable buzzing noise when docked

I have a nintendo switch and wanted to talk to my friends through teamspeak while i hunted down some koroks. So i hook up the dock with HDMI to my monitor, but because my monitor doesn't have any speakers, and i wanted to hear the game audio through my headset (the one that im talking to my friends through) i whipped out my aux cable and took it from my switch to the blue "line in" port at the back of my pc. Well, when i did this, i could very faintly hear the game audio, but there's a SUPER loud buzzing (or flickering i guess...?) over everything. I did some fiddling and discovered that if it isn't docked, but still is being charged by the same cable powering it in the dock, it doesnt make the noise. That's all hunky dory but it would still be nice to play on the big monitor sitting in front of me rather than the small screen.

tl;dr - tried to do switch audio through pc but theres a loud buzzing.

Link to guy on reddit with the same problem: 

**if you turn up the below video you can hear what im talking about.

BotwAudioFlicker.mp4

okay i just saw the edit on that reddit post, but is there anyway to fix this without buying anything else?

1 minute ago, Nalyd217 said:

okay i just saw the edit on that reddit post, but is there anyway to fix this without buying anything else?

yes, plug your console into a properly grounded socket. 

What does this mean though...? 

im sorry but i know virtually nothing about audio stuff.

4 minutes ago, Nalyd217 said:

What does this mean though...? 

im sorry but i know virtually nothing about audio stuff.

Electrical grounding or “Grounding” originally began as a safety measure used to help prevent people from accidentally coming in contact with electrical hazards. Think of your refrigerator. It is a metal box standing on rubber feet with electricity running in and out of it. You use magnets to hang your child’s latest drawing on the metal exterior. The electricity running from the outlet and through the power cord to the electrical components inside the refrigerator are electrically isolated from the metal exterior or chassis of the refrigerator.

grounding1.gif

okay but what is a "properly grounded socket"? like where do i plug my switch into then.

1 minute ago, Nalyd217 said:

okay but what is a "properly grounded socket"? like where do i plug my switch into then.

quote me if you have a question. i don't know about your house, you have to figure it out yourself. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

quote me if you have a question. i don't know about your house, you have to figure it out yourself. 

i was just wondering what you meant by a "properly grounded socket". 

Just now, Nalyd217 said:

i was just wondering what you meant by a "properly grounded socket". 

outlet4.jpg

outlets.jpg

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

outlet4.jpg

outlets.jpg

okay, so the plug for the switch is only two pronged (ungrounded....?) but it IS plugged into a grounded outlet. Also, if i plug the aux cable into these other speakers then theres no buzzing, the buzzing is only through the pc, so is that still the same issue or is that more something with my computer?

2 minutes ago, Nalyd217 said:

okay, so the plug for the switch is only two pronged (ungrounded....?) but it IS plugged into a grounded outlet. Also, if i plug the aux cable into these other speakers then theres no buzzing, the buzzing is only through the pc, so is that still the same issue or is that more something with my computer?

plug your computer into a grounded outlet also. 

plug your computer into a grounded outlet also. 

it already is, they're plugged into the same power strip, which according to the pictures that you posted above, is grounded.

Just now, Nalyd217 said:

it already is, they're plugged into the same power strip, which according to the pictures that you posted above, is grounded.

cool then, it's not wired properly. go plug it into another outlet in your house. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

cool then, it's not wired properly. go plug it into another outlet in your house. 

so you're saying that if i get an extension cord and plug the switch in across the room that that might fix it?

Edit: it didn't

Just now, Nalyd217 said:

so you're saying that if i get an extension cord and plug the switch in across the room that that might fix it?

or just take your switch into another room and plug it in to see if this persists.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

or just take your switch into another room and plug it in to see if this persists.

I would but i would have no way to test this seeing as I can't bring my computer with me.

Just now, Nalyd217 said:

I would but i would have no way to test this seeing as I can't bring my computer with me.

2 possibility

1- your switch is broken

2-  you are not getting clean power

the way you are describing it seems like the 2nd option. do you have a friend with a switch? 

2 possibility

1- your switch is broken

the way you are describing it seems like the 2nd option. do you have a friend with a switch? 

I do, I could ask him to try this, didn't think of that. 

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

2 possibility

1- your switch is broken

9 minutes ago, Nalyd217 said:

I do, I could ask him to try this, didn't think of that. 

okay so i think my friend is testing it, but I also just plugged a pair of earbuds into the switch while it was docked and there ws no buzzing, so this has to be my pc rite? like is there a program that will reduce this static?

2 minutes ago, Nalyd217 said:

so this has to be my pc rite? like is there a program that will reduce this static?

no, its physical. asking that is like asking if you can download more ram. 

15 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

okay, good to know

16 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

But it works! 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil