moving need to ship PC

Go to solution Solved by Molesy,
On 23/04/2017 at 2:36 PM, legacy99 said:

On 23/04/2017 at 8:34 PM, TLDR said:

Hi,

Following on as mentioned above and in the video.

• If possible use the original case packaging for the case and all the components that can stay inside.
  • It is reccomended to take out the video card and if possible also put it back in the original packaging.
  • When putting packing material inside make sure it's stuff that won't go everywhere like loosefill (should be common sense) use bubble wrap or other similar material.

Good Luck!

Hey Guys,

I have a friend who is moving from AUS to USA and wants to take his PC with him to USA. What would be the best way to have it transported there? having it assembled and just having foam around the GPU and CPU cooler so it wont move wold that be enough ? Or should we disassemble everything and then ship it? he does not have the static safe bag and that is what is concerning me a bit here. He currently has a AIO cooler but has just recently got the Hyper 212X Evo, Which he might return since he is moving and has not yet installed it. 

Thanks for the help in advance guys :) 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Cool. Thanks. So deff will remove the GPU for shipping but with the cpu cooler since its a Hyper 212X evo and is quite light is it ok to leave it connected or should we remove that as well and re attach it once he settles in ? 

Since its a tower style, if you pack it in good with something like bubble wrap and secure around it, I think it would be ok to stay on imo. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Since its a tower style, if you pack it in good with something like bubble wrap and secure around it, I think it would be ok to stay on imo. 

Awesome. Thanks i shall let him know and see what he would like to do with his PC :) 

I would take out the GPU and AIO personally

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

I had the same PC shipped twice.I (stupidly) didn't pack it myself either time. They packed it complete both times with no packing material inside the PC, and the second time I did have a GPU die from the move. 

Hi,

• If possible use the original case packaging for the case and all the components that can stay inside.
  • It is reccomended to take out the video card and if possible also put it back in the original packaging.
  • When putting packing material inside make sure it's stuff that won't go everywhere like loosefill (should be common sense) use bubble wrap or other similar material.

Good Luck!

On 23/04/2017 at 2:36 PM, legacy99 said:

On 23/04/2017 at 8:34 PM, TLDR said:

Hi,

Good Luck!