The Big Rig

nexusmaniac

Hi, I decided to make a rig for gaming, mainly BF4.

Specs:

i5 4670k @ 4.6 GHz

EVGA GTX 780 +200 MHz OC and +500 MHz memory

Gigabyte Z87X-OC

Corsair Air 540

8gb Corsair Vengeance

OCZ 256gb Vertex 450

H100i with 2xNoctua NF-F12

OCZ 550w ZT PSU

This rig performs great in modern games, 90fps average on BF4 @Ultra with shadow play enabled.

100+fps on Sim City at the highest settings. I am happy with the silence and temperatures of this system when when under full load. Max temps are about 85 with OCCT avx linpack but under normal load I haven't hit 75°C. I do intend to use noctua fans for the rest of the rig but I might try some be quiet! fans. Hope you like the look of the rig, will post some performance numbers and since better pictures of the rig :)

(In the pictures the fans for the rad are SP120 silent fans but I have since replaced then with noctua fans)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

'Dat color scheme 'doe.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Cool, glad you guys like it :) (posting more pics tomorrow,. hopefully some better quality ones)

Looks awesome But.... the colors don't match :( look nice tho

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Some orange sleeved cables and those red rings orange and it'll look good. I had no idea the air 540 was so spacious :o

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Looks good bud, but seriously Orange and Red! Bleurgh

I'd recommend spraying the fan rings Orange, it's really easy to do :)

I don't have those fans anymore, I replaced them with noctua nf-f12's :)

Looks awesome But.... the colors don't match :( look nice tho

What's wrong with the colours?

What's wrong with the colours?

It's because you have red, orange, green, and blue or white (can't tell). 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

It's because you have red, orange, green, and blue or white (can't tell).

Motherboard black + orange with silver heatsink accents

GTX 780 silver with green led

Red (nowhere anymore, got rid of the red fans :) )

White led on h100i

i see a lot of corsair fans... not a noctua thing in sight? your specs wrong or are they on the other side of the rad?

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

i see a lot of corsair fans... not a noctua thing in sight? your specs wrong or are they on the other side of the rad?

I didn't use an updated pic :) the noctua fans replaced the top two sp120's

I didn't use an updated pic :) the noctua fans replaced the top two sp120's

oh sorry, after reading your post again you mentioned it, my bad :( forgive me please ;(  :D

other then that it looks good!! cleaner then my shizzle :P

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

That's some tight and actually functional cable management

Thanks! :) glad people kind of like my system :) have you got your rig on here?

• 2 weeks later...

Ghetto SSD mount FTW

that's the hdd/ ssd mount in that case so yeaah. (sorry for nitpicking)

Awesome build !!!

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

how come 4 fans are intakes and 1 is an exhaust?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Your cables look very nice for actually being plugged in. Some people don't plug in cables for the sake of aesthetics

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/