My 1 year old build with the help of Linus

DonkeyChainsaw

Hi everyone,

I decided to post my own rig here that I had made a bit over a year ago with the help of Linus his build log. It's not that high end, but I have planned some upgrades that I want to add in about 2 to 3 months. I have build it while Linus build log was playing on my phone xD

The specs right now:

- CPU: Intel core i7 4790k

- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB

- MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

- RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600Mhz

- PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 9 CM 600 Watt

- Cooler: Corsair H75

- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

- SSD: Crucial BX200 240GB

- HDD: Toshiba 2TB, Seagate 1TB, Seagate 500GB 2,5'', WD 320GB 2,5''

- Extra's: Alseye A-100L 6 channel touchscreen fan controller, DVD drive, 2 meter RGB led strip.

I know that the cooler is not that great for the i7 4790k, but when I started to build this pc I started with a i5-4460. But after a few months I ran into this i7 for just $200. So I upgraded it. I didn't overclock it yet because right now it reaches over 60 degrees under load. 

In 3 months I will upgrade it with a MSI GTX 1070 or 1080. Not really sure yet. And the cooler will be changed to a NZXT Kraken X62 RGB. And I will replace it fans with NZXT Aer RGB fans. I will also add one RGB fan as a exhaust and a additional 120mm Aer RGB fan in the bottom. This is my first build, so I'm proud of it so far. And yes, I love RGB lighting.

If some of you have advice then I would love to hear it. 

Edit: The power supply has the fans down right now. The first one is an older picture. As you can see on the second picture the psu is placed correctly.

20170224_212313_1492499397510.jpg

20170311_211440_1492499397038.jpg

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

And I thought he showed up to your house and helped you with it. :^)

Haha, lol. No, it would have been great though. But A: This is not as great as Linus would do it and B: Linus would have added more RGB lighting. Sorry for the clickbait xD

Your PSU isnt placed correctly? It should be exhausting air from the bottom lol. Nvm just read your post

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

7 hours ago, Sabron said:

Your PSU isnt placed correctly? It should be exhausting air from the bottom lol. Nvm just read your post

i have done builds where i do the PSU fan on the inside on purpose for extra exhaust. also some people have carpet etc

so not having the fan on the bottom mean it's bad placement :P

@DonkeyChainsaw nice and simple build i like it!

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

8 hours ago, wildthing said:

i have done builds where i do the PSU fan on the inside on purpose for extra exhaust. also some people have carpet etc

so not having the fan on the bottom mean it's bad placement :P

@DonkeyChainsaw nice and simple build i like it!

I see what you mean with the using the psu as an extra exhaust. But I had no extra top case fan so I decided to use the psu as extra exhaust untill my new case fans would arrive. And now the airflow is correct. as intake I have two 120mm fans in the front and one 120mm at the bottom. As exhausts I have one 140mm at the back, the radiator of the H75 that has two fans in push pull configuration and another 120mm right next to it.

Thanks for the compliment.