How to "draw" a circle in video editing?

I'm using vegas pro but if someone can point me in the right direction using any video editor I'm sure I can probably work with that.

This is an example of what I'm talking about. Creating the circle is no problem for me and (although I'd prefer to avoid if possible) I can keyframe if needed. I just can't quite think of how this effect is actually done.

Anyone know how to make that "drawing" type of effect?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Create the circle complete. Drop it in where u need it and do a clock transition on that layer?

Just thinking out loud here

15 hours ago, Dujith said:

Create the circle complete. Drop it in where u need it and do a clock transition on that layer?

Just thinking out loud here

Okay, thanks. I haven't tested yet but I'm almost certain I can work with that in a way that's easy. :)

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

On 4/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, Trogdor8freebird said:

I'm using vegas pro but if someone can point me in the right direction using any video editor I'm sure I can probably work with that.

This is an example of what I'm talking about. Creating the circle is no problem for me and (although I'd prefer to avoid if possible) I can keyframe if needed. I just can't quite think of how this effect is actually done.

Anyone know how to make that "drawing" type of effect?

Can you draw paths in Vegas?  What you can do is draw a path, and then draw a shape object (like a line with the thickness and texture you want) that will follow the direction of that path in the keyframe.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I don't use Sony Vegas however I am sure there would be a Circle tool somewhere then you can just keyframe it. I know there is a way to do this easily in after effects or hitfilm 4 express though.