Replacing RM850 side sticker

cdominic3

I currently have an RM850 and my current system build is black and blue and the stock sticker is yellow.

rm850_sideview_a.png.afe52162c9f53122b33f6da776c7ab3a.png

I wanted to replace it with these

QhDzKqt.png.b1f4cc68fedc74253abf9d2ed91eb523.png

I was wondering if I removed the sticker and replaced it with a new one, would I be voiding my warranty?

8 hours ago, cdominic3 said:

-SNIP-

It shouldn't but I would contact Corsair to find out, if they don't allow for it you can apply a decal over top of the current one. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

It shouldn't but I would contact Corsair to find out, if they don't allow for it you can apply a decal over top of the current one. 

Might just put the decal on top of the other. Thanks!

In my experience there's better chance of the sticker coming off with little/no residue if you have it mounted to the other sticker and you can get a good corner but you need to be careful of getting the original stickers corners upon removal (but don't use a paper based sticker but those things are practically permanent). 

I was a professional stickerer once.

8 minutes ago, KazerTheKeen said:

In my experience there's better chance of the sticker coming off with little/no residue if you have it mounted to the other sticker and you can get a good corner but you need to be careful of getting the original stickers corners upon removal (but don't use a paper based sticker but those things are practically permanent). 

I was a professional stickerer once.

I was gonna get just regular sticker paper that fits a printer, which one do you recommend I use?

I highly recommend using either vynil or another plastic based sticker. Paper shreds when you try and take it off and leaves a horrible residue that not even Goo gone takes off cleanly.

That being said I get that paper is way more economical. If you do use paper don't peal off the entire backing and leave a strip of backing in the middle to help with removal.  Either peal it off  part way and cut it out or carefully cut part way through the backing. It won't effect durability and will be unnoticeable if you line it up with another visual line. And it will leave less of a mess. It will also make the sticker look extra smooth and bubble free.

11 hours ago, cdominic3 said:

I was gonna get just regular sticker paper that fits a printer, which one do you recommend I use?

As said vinyl would bed best, you can get vinyl labels for printers or get a signage or decal shop to custom print one for you.