Trying to find a "slim" mechanical keyboard.

Fonzie92

So I've been re-buying this every other 6 months or so, for the past 5 years. I've bought a total of 10 or so I think. The keys get all fucked up after 5 months (sticky spacebar) or w/e.

I absolutely love the keyboard though because the actuation force to press the keys are low as balls.  

I've tried a Razer BlackWidow keyboard, but my fingers had to be very high up compared to this slim one and it felt awkard as fuck and uncomfortable. Also, one of the keys stopped working and I returned it.

So now I'm honestly just sick of re-buying the same keyboard all the time. I'm looking for something that will last, and has very low actuation force and is slim. Hell, it doesn't even have to be mechanical tbh, I just want something that lasts and is easy to press. 

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

only thing that comes to my mind is the Razer deathstalker, but idk about the actuation force on that one.

That's a membrane. 

Cherry ML, but you'd be hard pressed to find a Cherry ML board that's new. And it isn't too mechanical, it's sort of like Cherry MX Reds and membrane rolled into one. 

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

That's a membrane. 

Cherry ML, but you'd be hard pressed to find a Cherry ML board that's new. And it isn't too mechanical, it's sort of like Cherry MX Reds and membrane rolled into one. 

17 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

doesn't even have to be mechanical tbh, I just want something that lasts and is easy to press

Just now, RollinLower said:

Didn't read that, sorry. But the Deathstalker sucks as a board, it's really shitty in terms of durability. 

idk

Haaa...meanwhile I'm wishing more manufactures of laptops started using *desktop*  style mechanical keyboards instead of laptop style like the one linked.

Logitec  has lots of low profile keyboards. The k740 has proved itself very durable. We've used them exentsively at both the last two places I've worked. That's people typing away 8 hours a day or more and I've only ever had one in to be replaced.

Just now, Mooshi said:

Haaa...meanwhile I'm wishing more manufactures of laptops started using *desktop*  style mechanical keyboards instead of laptop style like the one linked.

http://www.kailh.com/en/productdetail.asp?Productid=1584

Kaihua released CherryML like switches, but they're more like MX switches in terms of feeling but ML size. Perfect for laptops. 

https://deskthority.net/resources/and-the-caps-too/35074

There's a pic of them with caps. 

idk

1 hour ago, NoobCase said:

Logitec  has lots of low profile keyboards. The k740 has proved itself very durable. We've used them exentsively at both the last two places I've worked. That's people typing away 8 hours a day or more and I've only ever had one in to be replaced.

Hey, im looking at the k740 right now

This?

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Thin-Keyboard-K740/dp/B001F51G16

Is that bottom part detachable? I have a feeling that's going to annoy me to death. How is the actuation force? Very easy to press? They look slim and durable 

51 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Hey, im looking at the k740 right now

This?

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Thin-Keyboard-K740/dp/B001F51G16

Is that bottom part detachable? I have a feeling that's going to annoy me to death. How is the actuation force? Very easy to press? They look slim and durable 

The wrist rest doesn't come if. They are very easy to actuate 

Tesoro is trying to make a chiclet mechanical keyboard if that is what you are asking.

I haven't heard anything from them in a while though so I don't know if they have ditched the project or not.

2 hours ago, Qyndryx said:

Tesoro is trying to make a chiclet mechanical keyboard if that is what you are asking.

I haven't heard anything from them in a while though so I don't know if they have ditched the project or not.

Looks very sleek. Hope it sees the light of day 

I know this might be a shabby recommendation but, reddragon karura? i see a good amount of press for it and it looks decently flattish

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

21 minutes ago, Ellyroo said:

I know this might be a shabby recommendation but, reddragon karura? i see a good amount of press for it and it looks decently flattish

This one? https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-K502-Keyboard-Switchable-Backlight/dp/B00LSGKEC4

I wonder if the bottom thing can be removed. Wow, < $25... Tempting

e: Nevermind the keys look too spaced out :(