need help with building a GRAPHIC DESIGN pc

hello..
after months of search i got so confused and i guess only here will get a real help
first of all my money around 2500$ ( for comp+monitor )

second, i don't care about games that much, i will be happy if games just run normally cuz i don't play that much.

i want my PC to run good and fast during 3D modeling no matter how big is the project and how many polygons are there...

and also i want a quick render time. ( if 10 seconds faster but 100$+ more, i'd rather to wait 10sec and spend those 100$ on something else )

so off to the important stuff
*after my search i realized that i need a ryzen7 proccesor but which one exactly is the best?
*and a GTX 1080 ti but which one exactly ? there are too many, i guess the CUDA cores are most important in render but all of them have 3584cores. so what else i'm missing?
*some water cooling
*some good monitor [ after the search i found ( LG 29UB55-B 29.0" 2560x1080 60Hz Monitor ) about 250$, or you can recommend something better with the same price and size ] should be IPS

*about RAM i have no idea .. confused between 16gb or 32gb.. will the RAM effect my work with 3D design and render? cuz price difference is ~100$
* and please recommend me the other parts, power supply, ext..
* i prefer a black / black red theme
____
thanks a lot (:

What programs?

Cudahy core count does matter is the total performance of the chip. 

I'd get 32gb of ram

I'd stay away from water cooling. It'd more expensive less reliable, and cools worse unless your getting a crazy setup, which won't even help you. 

1 minute ago, ThunderLight said:

hello..
after months of search i got so confused and i guess only here will get a real help
first of all my money around 2500$ ( for comp+monitor )

second, i don't care about games that much, i will be happy if games just run normally cuz i don't play that much.

i want my PC to run good and fast during 3D modeling no matter how big is the project and how many polygons are there...

and also i want a quick render time. ( if 10 seconds faster but 100$+ more, i'd rather to wait 10sec and spend those 100$ on something else )

so off to the important stuff
*after my search i realized that i need a ryzen7 proccesor but which one exactly is the best?
*and a GTX 1080 ti but which one exactly ? there are too many, i guess the CUDA cores are most important in render but all of them have 3584cores. so what else i'm missing?
*some water cooling
*some good monitor [ after the search i found ( LG 29UB55-B 29.0" 2560x1080 60Hz Monitor ) about 250$, or you can recommend something better with the same price and size ] should be IPS

*about RAM i have no idea .. confused between 16gb or 32gb.. will the RAM effect my work with 3D design and render? cuz price difference is ~100$
* and please recommend me the other parts, power supply, ext..
* i prefer a black / black red theme
____
thanks a lot (:

For the 1080 Ti, all the models are only slightly different. Any of them is a kickbutt GPU. For the RAM, you want at least 16GB, and it needs to be some special Samsung b-die or something to be at the top of its game with risen. I'll get over on PCPartpicker and build up a list. But first, what software are you using for your work? Some are optimized for Nvidia, Intel, or AMD. And how much storage do you need?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What programs?

Cudahy core count does matter is the total performance of the chip. 

I'd get 32gb of ram

I'd stay away from water cooling. It'd more expensive less reliable, and cools worse unless your getting a crazy setup, which won't even help you. 

so you think some air cooling is better? i was thinking the same cuz some times i leave it run for days lol
i use 3Ds max - vray - substance painter - keyshot - zbrush - toolbag3 - thinking soon about UE4

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

For the 1080 Ti, all the models are only slightly different. Any of them is a kickbutt GPU. For the RAM, you want at least 16GB, and it needs to be some special Samsung b-die or something to be at the top of its game with risen. I'll get over on PCPartpicker and build up a list. But first, what software are you using for your work? Some are optimized for Nvidia, Intel, or AMD. And how much storage do you need?

i use 3Ds max - vray - substance painter - keyshot - zbrush - toolbag3 - thinking soon about UE4
yea i saw some ram optimized for ryzen but i can't find details about it [ G.Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 Memory Kit ]

2 minutes ago, ThunderLight said:

so you think some air cooling is better? i was thinking the same cuz some times i leave it run for days lol

Vray cpu or gpu?

For cpu I'd look into dual e5 2630 v4. It's about 50% faster than any ryzen chip and you can get much faster chips later on. 

For gpu I'd look at a gtx 1060. You don't need my help gpu power here. 

One build, as requested!  The extra red fans go on the CPU cooler in push/pull with the original 2 fans, you'll get some killer cooling.  The case has build in lighting so you can make the whole thing red + the light from the optional corsair fans.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CHLnn
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CHLnn/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($318.33 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($248.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Toshiba X300 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($147.63 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair ML140 Pro LED 97.0 CFM  140mm Fan  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($209.99 @ Best Buy) 
Other: MSI GTX 1080 TI GAMING X ($749.99)
Total: $2509.24

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Vray cpu or gpu?

For cpu I'd look into dual e5 2630 v4. It's about 50% faster than any ryzen chip and you can get much faster chips later on. 

the e5 2630 v4 price is ~1000$ ? 
and the gtx 1060 works the same as 1080ti with 3D stuff ?

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Vray cpu or gpu?

Dual Xeons?

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

One build, as requested!  The extra red fans go on the CPU cooler in push/pull with the original 2 fans, you'll get some killer cooling.  The case has build in lighting so you can make the whole thing red + the light from the optional corsair fans.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CHLnn
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CHLnn/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2509.24

i like this list it's exactly what was in my mind but were confused ... thank you

Just now, ThunderLight said:

i like this list it's exactly what was in my mind but were confused ... thank you

You can save $60 if you pass on those fans, they are an optional add-on that is mostly aesthetics. 

If that's the one you want to go with, click the checkmark under @Damascus's reply, to mark this thread as solved and his post as the best answer.

Main PC 

Just now, Damascus said:

You can save $60 if you pass on those fans, they are an optional add-on that is mostly aesthetics. 

yea l live in Ukraine weather is always cool and not so dusty so no need to freeze up the system lol
it should look nice but i care more about performance 

2 minutes ago, ThunderLight said:

I'd swap the 1080ti with a 1070. 3d modeling doesn't need that much gpu power. 

I'd get a smaller psu. A 500w will be fine

I'd get a better monitor like a Dell u2715q

Id just use the stock cooler and drop the extra fans. Won't help you and ryzen doesn't make much heat. 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

If that's the one you want to go with, click the checkmark under @Damascus's reply, to mark this thread as solved and his post as the best answer.

thanks for everybody but let's wait a bit more to see if some people will agree too..
personally i am happy with that as long as it will really give good results . so maybe wait for someone who already has similar pc to show us his tests , would be amazing

Just now, ThunderLight said:

yea l live in Ukraine weather is always cool and not so dusty so no need to freeze up the system lol
it should look nice but i care more about performance 

In that case drop the extra fans and get a different radiator.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGyR6X
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGyR6X/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG A80 128.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($123.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2433.26

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I'd swap the 1080ti with a 1070. 3d modeling doesn't need that much gpu power. 

I'd get a smaller psu. A 500w will be fine

I'd get a better monitor like a Dell u2715q

Id just use the stock cooler and drop the extra fans. Won't help you and ryzen doesn't make much heat. 

one thing i forgot to mention .. it is that i need this PC for at least 5 years i don't like changing parts each year or less..
so the power supply is fine cuz in case i wanted to changed something in couple years i'll be having some extra wats
the monitor is problem because need answer from someone who tried it in real life
and cooling i will do more search and see differences with performance , i didn't expect that someone will be against the water cooling :D 
thanks a lot

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

In that case drop the extra fans and get a different radiator.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGyR6X
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGyR6X/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG A80 128.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($123.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2433.26

the list sounds nice to me, but did you or do you know someone who worked on such PC, monitor ? i am interested in the results ..
thanks again

the list sounds nice to me, but did you or do you know someone who worked on such PC, monitor ? i am interested in the results ..
thanks again

Your build is essentially what I'm switching to in coming months.  Same monitor and CPU, different GPU.  I can't say I've spoken to anyone with your specific set of tasks but I'm a CAD student so take it as you will.

thanks again

Ryzen is Very new And same with the GTX 1080 So the odds that someone has used this exact setup is unlikely.

10 minutes ago, ThunderLight said:

one thing i forgot to mention .. it is that i need this PC for at least 5 years i don't like changing parts each year or less..
so the power supply is fine cuz in case i wanted to changed something in couple years i'll be having some extra wats
the monitor is problem because need answer from someone who tried it in real life
and cooling i will do more search and see differences with performance , i didn't expect that someone will be against the water cooling :D 
thanks a lot

You want more pixels in the monitor. 1080p is too low these days and it just feels squishy. I'd highly suggest  a 4k screen.  

You will save power with a lower wattage psu and new parts will just use less power. 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You will save power with a lower wattage psu and new parts will just use less power. 

The system will use 460W, we can add another 100W for turbo boost etc.  750W is a very healthy wattage for this system and downsizing it will save OP all of $10...

85F5805541C346ACA8A4E6BEB793FD72.ashx?w=625

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You want more pixels in the monitor. 1080p is too low these days and it just feels squishy. I'd highly suggest  a 4k screen.  

1080p ultrawide isn't just 1080/1920p, its 1080/2560p

12 hours ago, Damascus said:

Your build is essentially what I'm switching to in coming months.  Same monitor and CPU, different GPU.  I can't say I've spoken to anyone with your specific set of tasks but I'm a CAD student so take it as you will.

yea about that i am soon will be dentist but i have 2 ideas, one is to use 3D mirroring and printing to help people with facial surgery.. the other is i want to make classes to people who wanna learn 3D.. and of course for my personal use.. yes me too i want it in July so i guess you'll get yours before me :D

12 hours ago, Hopalonghacksaw said:

Ryzen is Very new And same with the GTX 1080 So the odds that someone has used this exact setup is unlikely.

that's why i am waiting couple more months till summer to see people's results :)
and screen yea i want at least 1440p monitor .. if found a 4k with good price of course will go for it

12 hours ago, ThunderLight said:

thanks again

I don't have the same system, but I just got done making some upgrades to my home NAS.

Intel Xeon E5-2695 V3 (14 core, 28 thread, 2.2 GHz...It's close what a stock 1700 should render at)

32 GB ECC DDR3 2133

New GPU upgrade:

MSI Gaming X 1070 (2.12 GHz)

EVGA FTW 1070 (2.088 GHz...this one didn't like to OC as far)

But it renders really great for vray RT (CUDA) if that's what you use. I personally couldn't justify getting a 1080 Ti vs two 1070s for rendering (Sadly, I can't find any decently priced used 1080s otherwise I would've gone for those). I got both 1070s for $660 in total used.

I hope you can find Ryzen motherboards though...I did a build for a friend a few weeks ago and we really wanted ryzen but couldn't find any X370 boards that weren't from questionable sellers on ebay (or overpriced).