How importend is ram speed

Go to solution Solved by BloodyWaters,

RAM speed isn't as important as CPU or GPU speed, but you will notice small performance boosts with higher RAM clock speeds. 

I want to uprgrade to ryzen 5 1600 but how importend is ram speed

RAM speed isn't as important as CPU or GPU speed, but you will notice small performance boosts with higher RAM clock speeds. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

It actually quite important for Ryzen. But I agree that cpu and gpu is matter more

On Ryzen the RAM speed does make a difference. However, it is not plug and play... you have to tweak the settings in BIOS to achieve the advertised RAM speeds (3000MHz+). It is very worth it if you can manage to do it.

3 minutes ago, Andydandyfiddy said:

At the very most you would see a 5fps increase between something 2133mhz and 3000mhz in games.

8 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

On intel platforms, RAM speed doesn't matter very much. but on Ryzen, it's still not as important as CPU or GPU, but it's pretty important nonetheless.

but because infinity fabric speed is linked to RAM speed on Ryzen, the difference between 2133 and 3000Mhz can actually be up to 20 or 30% or sometimes more,

in some games and applications not optimized for Ryzen.

I'd advise at least 2666 minimum speed for Ryzen, and ideally 3000Mhz or more.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, Andydandyfiddy said:

At the very most you would see a 5fps increase between something 2133mhz and 3000mhz in games.

Almost 10fps in some game actually