What CPU/MB should I buy? Take 2

I already asked this once back in january here where I thought about buying an i5 6600k. Since Ryzen 5 is out now I thought about this again and thought about buying the r5 1600x now. I am looking for something that will keep me "up to date" for a few years. I still play games and do something in Photoshop and Blender from time to time. I recently started to play around with Unity.

here

I am also looking for a decent motherboard and ram. I am not sure what to by.

I hope someone can give me some advice about this.

~ Akuba

9 minutes ago, Akuba said:

I still play games and do something in Photoshop and Blender from time to time.

Ryzen 1600 or 1600X. Any B350 mobo will do its job fine. If possible, get faster RAM. (like 3000MHz, 3200MHz)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

For work R5 is what you need. Extra Cores/Threads will give you a lot of performance boost in apps such as blender over the i5's. And not only the performance but that will be cheaper aswell. 

I would go for a B350 chipset motherboard and a R5 1600 NON X because the X comes with no cooler (So you have to spend extra $20-30 for that) . And they have 200-300Mhz difference which in day to day use probably is not even noticeable but if you want to run it at 1600X speeds you can do so with B350 motherboard which are $100 motherboards like the Asus Prime. Tomahawk looks good on paper too.  

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64