[SOLVED] How to change interface in linux?

Below there is a image of Fedora GNOME. I have taken this screenshot from a youtube video.

I liked that minimise, maximise and close buttons and new icons of apps. And transparent terminal. How can I do this in both Debian and Ubuntu GNOME?

I have asked the creator for this but didnot get any reply.

PicsArt_04-12-07.52.29.jpg

7 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Below there is a image of Fedora GNOME. I have taken this screenshot from a youtube video.

I liked that minimise, maximise and close buttons and new icons of apps. And transparent terminal. How can I do this in both Debian and Ubuntu GNOME?

I have asked the creator for this but didnot get any reply

Wow that looks good, but why not just osx? 

(Sorry for the no answer post...)

Non-gnome linux user here, but I'd think it would just be a GTK (or cairo, if that still exists anymore with Gnome) theme that you could find somewhere. Just google for Gnome 3 themes until you find one similar to that.

P.S. Windows renders scrollbars in the kernel

1 minute ago, lolimpol said:

Wow that looks good, but why not just osx? 

(Sorry for the no answer post...)

I don't want to use osx. Because I am a beginner and recently I have started using and learning linux.

Just now, Sawyer B said:

Non-gnome linux user here, but I'd think it would just be a GTK (or cairo, if that still exists anymore with Gnome) theme that you could find somewhere. Just google for Gnome 3 themes until you find one similar to that.

I am new to linux so I don't know much about it. What is GTK, cairo?

You can use the gnome tweak tool as detailed here (fedora will use yum instead of apt-get for installation). As for the terminal, terminal emulators generally have their own menu where you can modify its appearance and even have it transparent.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, 4klips said:

GTK is a graphics framework that is used in gnome for everything that has a graphical user interface. Its main "competitor" is QT, used by the likes of KDE Plasma and lxQT

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, 4klips said:

GTK is Gnome Toolkit. It's the app framework that all of the gnome apps are based off of.

You can think of it in a similar way to .net on Windows (kindaish), and GTK themes are very similar in idea to Windows Themes, except that they can theme GTK apps themselves as well, not just the window manager.

Just now, Sauron said:

GTK is a graphics framework that is used in gnome for everything that has a graphical user interface. Its main "competitor" is QT, used by the likes of KDE Plasma and lxQT

Take it from here, I have almost all of my experience in the latter areas but very little with gnome.

Yes you just need to find that theme (I would probably search for "osx gnome theme") and you just set it in the tweak tool. You will need to install gnome-tweak-tool and gnome-shell-extensions with something like:

apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

apt-get install gnome-shell-extensions

and some themes also require gtk-engine which should tell you in the instructions what is required.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You can use the gnome tweak tool as detailed here (fedora will use yum instead of apt-get for installation). As for the terminal, terminal emulators generally have their own menu where you can modify its appearance and even have it transparent.

If I want to revert back to default interface how can I do so. Will there be any option in tweak tool for that?

1 minute ago, 4klips said:

If I want to revert back to default interface how can I do so. Will there be any option in tweak tool for that?

Either backup any config files, or check if the tool has a "reset to defaults" button anywhere. I'd be surprised if the latter option didn't exist, but backing up the .gnome and .gtk folders in your home folder is always an option.

Yeah. The default default gnome theme is called Adwaita, but likely Debian and Ubuntu have their own theme so you may want to check which theme is set by default before you change it 

You simply change back to the default theme. Themes are just selectable via a dropdown menu, let me show you mine.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

This is Fedora 25, yours may look slightly different depending what the default on Ubuntu is.

See how my theme is set to "Vertex-Dark"?

58ee43ddc1e9e_Screenshotfrom2017-04-1216-11-28.png.1121bba34d01ab8b9be06a53af5591dd.png

6 minutes ago, 4klips said:

The default theme should show up as an option in the tweaker

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Thank you guys for helping.

No problem. By the way there's a dedicated subforum for linux questions, next time you have this sort of doubt you should post it there. If you are satisfied with an answer you can mark the thread as solved so people won't click on it only to find that it was already answered. Lastly, if you don't quote or mention people they may not see your answer.

Best of luck

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

No problem. By the way there's a dedicated subforum for linux questions, next time you have this sort of doubt you should post it there. If you are satisfied with an answer you can mark the thread as solved so people won't click on it only to find that it was already answered. Lastly, if you don't quote or mention people they may not see your answer.

Best of luck

Ok next time I will take care for the linux subforum. And I can't choose a single best answer because there are multiple best answers in this thread. Thanks for helping.

51 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Ok next time I will take care for the linux subforum. And I can't choose a single best answer because there are multiple best answers in this thread. Thanks for helping.

Also this is a good site for getting themes for Ubuntu and Mint, they even have a macbuntu theming guide: http://www.noobslab.com