Can someone help me get into programming?

KhalFuego
5 hours ago, KhalFuego said:

Where would you recommend to start if I want to make a mobile app? I have a good idea, just need to execute it, and I want the satisfaction and learning I can from actually developing the app.

If you want to make Android apps, Android Studio is the thing to use. You will be using mostly Java and XML in Android Studio. Mobile app development isn't a bad place to start developing apps that would be useful to the average user, but you should probably learn some basics first. Start with command line apps since they're simpler to make.

Others are telling you to start with C/C++, but I think it's better to start with Java. Some advantages of starting with Java is that you learn C-like syntax, making it easier to move to C/C++ after learning Java, but you don't have to deal with all the complexity of C/C++ and you learn Object Oriented Programming early with Java. Java IDEs like Intellij IDEA also tend to be better than C++ IDEs. Even CLion, which is based on Intellij is not as good as Intellij.

40 minutes ago, Strike1st said:

I'm not an expert on mobile coding but I hear Xcode is really good and user friendly. I don't know if it's android friendly though.

Xcode is Mac only.

10 hours ago, Remixt said:

EWW. Stay away from VS. Use QT or literally any other IDE.

No, don't.

Write in C.

5 hours ago, KhalFuego said:

Where would you recommend to start if I want to make a mobile app?

Tried Delphi?

Otherwise, just use whatever tool the particular platform recommends.

Write in C.

12 hours ago, KhalFuego said:

Where would you recommend to start if I want to make a mobile app? I have a good idea, just need to execute it, and I want the satisfaction and learning I can from actually developing the app.

Then it depends on the platform, but both Android and iOS have their own preferred and best-supported languages.  I believe for Android it's still Java, and for iOS it's Swift, but you should do some research to find out if people who do mobile development have different recommendations.  (I don't do anything mobile, so I'm speaking outside my wheelhouse here)