Worth buying 6500 today?

Hey. I currently have a fx 8320@4.4ghz 16gb ram and an asus m5a99x evo 3. I was thinking on buying intel. I found a 6500 +*8gb + msi gaming z170 for around 600 USD. Bare in mind I live in Argentina so the price can be a bit inflated for importing tax and sellers cut. Is a good idea to buy 6th gen today? On games I have no problem now with the amd. Only on minecraft MODDED I want to be able to play modded minecraft on 60+fps, would be enough? I know that mother is too much for the cpu I think on upgrading eventually maybe k or i7 and definitely more ram. Thanks 

Do you have a discrete GPU?

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

2 minutes ago, lautaro_busto said:

Hey. I currently have a fx 8320@4.4ghz 16gb ram and an asus m5a99x evo 3. I was thinking on buying intel. I found a 6500 +*8gb + msi gaming z170 for around 600 USD. Bare in mind I live in Argentina so the price can be a bit inflated for importing tax and sellers cut. Is a good idea to buy 6th gen today? On games I have no problem now with the amd. Only on minecraft MODDED I want to be able to play modded minecraft on 60+fps, would be enough? I know that mother is too much for the cpu I think on upgrading eventually maybe k or i7 and definitely more ram. Thanks 

well, 6th and 7th gen Intel have the same IPC, just 7th gen can clock a little higher, so given Argentina, that sounds like a roaring deal, I have an i5 6400 and it's ok, I overclocked mine for a while for benchmarks to 4.6GHz but it can do 4GHz 24/7 easily. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Thorimus said:

Do you have a discrete GPU?

Hes using an FX processor, which dose not have intergrated gprahics, so unless hes using on board graphics with the mobo, he would have a GPU.

just an R5 1400 and new GPU

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

just an R5 1400 and new GPU

I have an r9 280x and I'm ok with it. I don't play more than gta v csgo and minecraft modded, being minecraft the more important. And having lag issues on windows 10 with csgo. I read about it and I looks like it's the cpu. Cause on win 8.1 have no lag issues not even in gta v. Honestly I'm a student and last time I decided to give a chance to amd I had more problems than satisfactions starting with an atlhon x3 then phenom then fx. They work but they have limitations 

in that case 6th gen is fine

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

Hes using an FX processor, which dose not have intergrated gprahics, so unless hes using on board graphics with the mobo, he would have a GPU.

Board doesn't have onboard graphics.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe