USB-C switch for LG 27UD88

Hey everyone, i recently purchased the LG 27ud88 4k monitor with the USB-C hook up for my 2016 MBP. I share this monitor between my laptop and my desktop....

I would like to share my peripherals between the two easily aka keep them plugged in to the monitor while switching inputs on the display, but given the USB-C is the only upstream port on the monitor, I need some sort of USB-C splitter/switch that allows me to switch upstreams to either the PC or the MBP without handicapping the "all in one" hook up for the MBP...

Anyone else face this issue/find a solution?

The monitor has DP and HDMI ins. Plug in your MacBook via USB-C and your desktop via DP or HDMI. Unless I am missing something, this should work fine, right?

Meant to be reply

Edited by jammasnacks
Meant to be reply

On 4/9/2017 at 9:24 PM, SCGazelle said:

The monitor has DP and HDMI ins. Plug in your MacBook via USB-C and your desktop via DP or HDMI. Unless I am missing something, this should work fine, right?

no the issue isn't the inputs for the the display, the issue is since there is only one upstream hook up, I currently have to unplug and replug the USB-C between my laptop and my PC (or else my PC doesn't get any input from keyboard or mouse). Ideally, id like to split the usb-c and keep one plugged into the PC full time.

Just sort of a hassle to pull out my PC and have to find the USB-C Port hidden on the back. #firstworldproblems

• 10 months later...
On 10/04/2017 at 7:19 AM, jammasnacks said:

Hey everyone, i recently purchased the LG 27ud88 4k monitor with the USB-C hook up for my 2016 MBP. I share this monitor between my laptop and my desktop....

I would like to share my peripherals between the two easily aka keep them plugged in to the monitor while switching inputs on the display, but given the USB-C is the only upstream port on the monitor, I need some sort of USB-C splitter/switch that allows me to switch upstreams to either the PC or the MBP without handicapping the "all in one" hook up for the MBP...

Anyone else face this issue/find a solution?

Hello, I'm thinking about getting the same monitor and plug it to two computers, one is a Macbook Pro, the other one is a Win 10 Pc. Did you find a solution to your problem? I'd be interested in the same configuration.

thanks