(Is it)Crazy Overkill Build?

To elaborate on the title, I am planning on using CAD and photoshop in the future so it was meant as a question of if it was overkill for those uses. Of course I wanted an aesthetically pleasing case to my liking, but looks aside.

Corsair 570X Case

Intel i7-7700K

ASUS Maximus IX Formula

32GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3466Mhz RAM

Twin EVGA 1080 Hydro Copper GPU in SLI

Samsung 960 Pro 500GB (Boot/Program Drive)

Twin Samsung 850 in Raid-1(Storage)

EVGA P2 1000W Power Supply with Silent Running ECO mode

EK Custom Loop: Triple, Dual and single Slim Radiators with Glass All-In-One Resovoir/Pump combo (Including integrated drainage hose from pump)

Stock fans swapped out for 6 Corsair HD 120mm RGB fans

CableMod Light Blue Sleeved cables

17861988_10158464394485123_1291994978608432484_n.jpg.2a7bbbb539d7ee651cab5539a2c82aa7.jpg

17798965_10158464394395123_5904087604035705385_n.jpg.808c43b7903b04e959438135fb439213.jpg

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: screen

its nice but i think it deserves some hard line tubing

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

What's "crazy" and "overkill" about it? ;)

Apart from the fact that it's in a desperate need of hard tubing...

Just now, Rahnie said:

What's "crazy" and "overkill" about it? ;)

Apart from the fact that it's in a desperate need of hard tubing...

I meant "is it overkill?" lol

And no hard tube because of the ultra tight tubing contact in the back left side, honestly I barely got soft tubing to work in there because of the motherboard/radiator placement in this size case. When I was going to use The Tower 900 I was going to use hard tubing.

7 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

its nice but i think it deserves some hard line tubing

Hard tubing was a bit too much to work with in the back left corner in a midtower, I didn't want to use a lot of fittings. Overall goal was as few points of failure as possible. But yeah hardline was plan A, wish I could have gone that route but was a bit much for 1st time build with my goals and the challenges I mentioned.

Holy mother of blue... 

I am. Impressed. 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Holy mother of blue... 

I am. Impressed. 

You are one of the few people that would buy RGB stuff and set everything to blue :P

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You are one of the few people that would buy RGB stuff and set everything to blue :P

Well here is why

On 3/22/2017 at 10:55 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

I can combine blue with different shades of green and red to create different shades of blue for more blue variety because simply different brightness of the same blue color isn't enough blue to me and red combined with green can later be combined with blue altogether to give a whole new shade of blue, the red and green combination can then be recombined with existing red or green or the previously mentioned blue and combine again with blue to get a new shade of blue and so on.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Not all blues are created equal, to get them all to match you need RGB. I still have a little tweeking to do, like the GPU's are a few shades too light compared to everything else. But you get the point. I did wonder if someone was going to bring that up though! lol

Looks nice :D Its a shame you have the sharp tubing bends :( 

Btw. just noticed the "32GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3466Ghz RAM", thats maybe a bit overkill :P

10 hours ago, Palletodap said:

Btw. just noticed the "32GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3466Ghz RAM", thats maybe a bit overkill :P

oops, forgot the period lol

10 hours ago, Palletodap said:

Looks nice :D Its a shame you have the sharp tubing bends :( 

yeah just that one tube either has to be twice the length or have the appearance of a kink, crappy choice either way. But that tubing is actually much thicker than it looks and even when completely kinked still gets really good flow lol

That is a decent looking build, I say decent cause it's screaming out for rigid, tight bends are easily manipulated with fittings 

you could also also reduce the amount of tubing by going from block to block on your gpus. There's no benefit of adding the radiator between the blocks as the cooling is based on coolant temperature vs ambient. That would cut down on 2 tubes straight away. Don't get me wrong it's a good looking build, I'm trying to offer some advice on how you could take it to rigid 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8 hours ago, stealth80 said:

That is a decent looking build, I say decent cause it's screaming out for rigid, tight bends are easily manipulated with fittings 

you could also also reduce the amount of tubing by going from block to block on your gpus. There's no benefit of adding the radiator between the blocks as the cooling is based on coolant temperature vs ambient. That would cut down on 2 tubes straight away. Don't get me wrong it's a good looking build, I'm trying to offer some advice on how you could take it to rigid 

Wanted minimal fittings and in the case of the single rad right next to the mobo block it would be damn near impossible because of the angle. Also I wasn't intending to go to rads in between components, it was just the way the loop seemed to work out. Thanks though! :)

Looks great minion. To answer your question, yes, yes it is overkill. But that's what we #PCMasterRace require for the best gaming experience.

Absolutely no compromises, best of the best, premium, top of the line, unique rig we can get our hands on. Good job! Now go play more games then you have time for   :P

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

1 hour ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Looks great minion. To answer your question, yes, yes it is overkill. But that's what we #PCMasterRace require for the best gaming experience.

Absolutely no compromises, best of the best, premium, top of the line, unique rig we can get our hands on. Good job! Now go play more games then you have time for   :P

Already beat Mass Effect Andromeda on it lol!

Looks awesome btw