Is the ZTE Blade V8 Pro the best phone at about $200-$250 USD? I need a new phone. Pls Help.

TimeOmnivore

So, this morning my old Samsung Galaxy S Blaze finally kicked the bucket after months of stuttering, freezing, boot looping, etc. and now I am in the need for a new phone, soon. I've been looking through Newegg/Amazon in the $200 - $250 price range but it's hard to determine which phone would be the best buy. So, I've come here, hoping there are some of you who may have useful experience in this price range you would like to share. I'm a user who doesn't use the camera at all, so that's a nonissue for me. What I do care about, however, is a reliable phone with a 1080p 5.5-inch display, microSD expansion, the ability to run Hearthstone and Clash Royale (most demanding apps I use), at least 3 GB of RAM, and can connect to a GSM network, specifically T-Mobile. Physical/Capacitive navigation buttons, USB-C, and a removable battery would be nice, but aren't dealbreakers. I want something that will last me a good few years without breaking down.

I'm mainly looking at the ZTE Blade V8 Pro ($230), which, after about 7 hours of looking through a shit ton of spec sheets and reading/watching various reviews for different phones, seems to be the best phone for [most of] what I'm looking for as listed above. The lack of Android Nougat may prove an issue, but since I've been using 2.3/4.0 for about the past 4 years, I doubt it'll matter too much. Does anyone know if I'm right and the Blade V8 Pro would be a good buy, or have any good alternatives to recommend? Thanks.

Also, if anyone here uses T-Mobile, is switching phones as simple as putting the old SIM in the new phone, or would I need to buy a new SIM?

Seems like a pretty good phone, spec-wise... idk about ZTE's general warranty support and reliability but it seems like a great budget phone.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I own this phone and I absolutely love it! Build quality is amazing, the screen is 1080p and beautiful, and the cameras are by far the best I have ever used. Battery life is really impressive, and easily last 1.5 to 2 days without a charge. I do notice that it gets hot when fast charging, so take off the case and put it on a cold surface like a table or glass table. Performance is smooth, and I have never had a lag spike in games or apps. General UI is easy to use but takes some time to get used to placement of apps. Runs Android marshmallow but hoping for a nougat update. The glass screen is rated gorilla glass 3 but I already have small annoying scratches on it. Otherwise, great buy, and I even got a few looks! Oh. And any GSM network will work. I have tracfone on AT&T and it works flawlessly, even picking up extra bandwidths.