What's BETTER than a RED iPhone??...

LinusTech
7 minutes ago, XHAD said:

okay if it went up from 76k to 79k that means that I think there are actual legit people on it betting for it and not some phony accounts.(I was so wrong)

on the second note looking through bidder history it looks like there are some people who have it set to auto bid in increments of 100 dollars

and there was a jump up to 50k exact and then the direct next bid is 66,666.66 dollars which does not make sense in the auction world.

FINAL CONCLUSION :

yeah it looks like there was a botted site to jump the bid up since the previous people post 50k all bidded on the same exact item 7 days ago so even though it looks like two people are bidding against each other I am guessing it either a person bumping the price up via multiple accounts or pirated accounts ie credit cards. now looking further down it seems like there are at least 4 people all above 50k that are clearly using botted accounts since they kept up the bid on something from 8 days ago and are doing the same thing with this item.

and also I have counted about 5 accounts whose only bid in 30 days was on this product.

plus even all of the retract bids are before it hit 15k so that means that people are aware of the botted accounts boosting it up and want out of it.

The summary: a botted system to keep the bids up once someone put down 50K and a clear botted system that has 5 ish users doing auto bids on this product as well as past ones and people who made an new account.

You do realize you are purely jumping to conclusions Sherlock Holmes-style, right? I mean, there are so many alternative stories consistent with the same observations...

11 hours ago, silberdrachi said:

Jesus, i know that most those bids must be fake but 76k? Its going to be really disappointing if everyone retracts their bid and it drops down to like 2k.

Or... Linus is forcing his employees to bid their annual bonuses all-in :P 

@Slick So the blue cherry thing for your Twitch subscribers is really blue balls and is meant to represent cancer? unsubbed...

24 hours left until auction closes current bid is at around 80.5k dollars

2 hours left current bid is just over 80.5K