How does g2a work?

I want to buy the first game that I ever bought (black ops II) but I dont play on console anymore so I want to buy it for pc, I dont want to pay full price so I saw g2a and the $10 sounds a lot better than $60 but how does g2a work do I get the cd key immediately? or do I have to wait  

2 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

It works by not using G2A and buying your games from legit sources. Please stop using G2A.

How is g2a not legit?

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

3 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

How is g2a not legit?

They have some questionable business practices, like facilitating the sale of stolen product keys and using deliberately misleading advertising and "lock in" tactics for their guarantee service, which most other game/software key selling sites offer for free. 

There are legitimate keys for sale there, but they're one of the more sketchy sites. 

2 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

How is g2a not legit?

I'm surprised you managed to avoid the sh*tstorm that just happened about it O_o

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

I'm surprised you managed to avoid the sh*tstorm that just happened about it O_o

I haven't really played anything besides watch dogs 2 and mafia 3

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

They have some questionable business practices, like facilitating the sale of stolen product keys and using deliberately misleading advertising and "lock in" tactics for their guarantee service, which most other game/software key selling sites offer for free. 

i dont really care if it was a stolen key i was going to pirate the game if g2a wasnt going to work anyways

4 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

i dont really care if it was a stolen key i was going to pirate the game if g2a wasnt going to work anyways

I hope you don't mind having the license for the game revoked then.

A load of keys from G2A (and some other sellers, it's not just G2A) have been revoked after they were found to be stolen, meaning that people who paid for the key through that site get the license taken away and don't get any money back. If you used their G2A Shield service (which is a subscription service BTW, you pay for it monthly, even if you don't buy anything else) you may be protected from that and get your money back (if it is a stolen key). Of course, if you didn't check the VAT settings that G2A defaults to and put them to the correct country, the G2A shield service is invalidated and you'll lose your money anyway. 

In that sense, you should probably care if it was a stolen key. I guess if you're going to pirate it anyway, it doesn't matter, but don't come here for help with pirating it, we won't help with that. 

1 minute ago, xDylanio said:

I haven't really played anything besides watch dogs 2 and mafia 3

Just watch the video and check the links in the description of that video.

Basically G2A is a marketplace where criminals can sell keys that they bought with stolen credit cards and hurting the devs.
It's actually worse than piracy because the money goes to criminals and the devs need to keep the servers up for the users of the people that bought the stolen keys.

If you pirate the game the criminals don't get money and the dev doesn't need to keep the server online for you...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Just watch the video and check the links in the description of that video.

Basically G2A is a marketplace where criminals can sell keys that they bought with stolen credit cards and hurting the devs.
It's actually worse than piracy because the money goes to criminals and the devs need to keep the servers up for the users of the people that bought the stolen keys.

If you pirate the game the criminals don't get money and the dev doesn't need to keep the server online for you...

ill keep buying from g2a as long as im not liable to fraud and online theft

6 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

ill keep buying from g2a as long as im not liable to fraud and online theft

You might as well buy from somewhere like CDkeys.com or Kinguin. They offer the same as G2A (or sometimes better) without the shady business practices. 

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You might as well buy from somewhere like CDkeys.com or Kinguin. They offer the same as G2A (or sometimes better) without the shady business practices. 

1 hour ago, Fooshi said:

- Massive marketplace for stolen keys and keys bought with stolen credit cards. (Basically giving thieves money)

- Grey market keys (keys hoarded in other countries where they're priced less, i.e., Russia, India)

- No warranty against invalidated keys, as almost no publisher supplies them with legit keys.

- Pushes their "G2A Shield" anti-fraud protection for extra cash, which is also tedious to get rid of.

- Has had conflicts with developers before, where they've basically told them to piss off.

Hmm, I did hear about the g2a premium keys being a scam, but I think i've bought 4 or so games from there with no invalid keys

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB