Best Headphones around $100.

abhigyan001

Suggest me the best Headphones around $100 ($110 tops)

It's Headphones, not Gaming Headset.

I need the best overall sound signature and both open back and closed  would work for me.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

what I have and use is a pair of closed back AT M40X headphones, and a pair of AKG semi-open back M220 headphones.

both under a hundred bucks, both pretty darn good sounding.

the M220s are better for games and everyday use, the M40Xs are better for accurate sound response and listening to music (and drowning out the world)

What genres of music do you listen to?

How much do you value comfort? 

Do you care about portability?

Are you willing to buy used?

Are you annoyed by overly bright tuning or sibilance?

Do you require bass? What about bass extension and tightness?

How important is soundstage? 

32 minutes ago, SSL said:

Best sound signature for what? For whom?

Listening to music, all sorts.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

11 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

What genres of music do you listen to?

How much do you value comfort? 

Do you care about portability?

Are you willing to buy used?

Are you annoyed by overly bright tuning or sibilance?

Do you require bass? What about bass extension and tightness?

How important is soundstage? 

A leetle of everything.

Yes Comfort is important.

No portability isn't much

No Used Please

8 minutes ago, abhigyan001 said:

Listening to music, all sorts.

That is altogether too vague.

27 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Status Audio CB-1. 

Just thank me later.

Are they really that good? Last I remembered seeing those things they were fairly good $40 headphones on Aliexpress that got hyped way, way out of proportion. Now it looks like they're $80 headphones that are still getting hyped out of proportion.

Here are the CB-1/Somic V1's for sale in China for $36.

OB-1's for $35.

Unconfirmed but likely to be HD-1's for $6

Add about $10 to the OB-1's and HD-1's for US shipping/Gearbest/Aliexpress. The original CB-1/V1's have been discontinued, like the Pro 80's were when Kingston adopted them.

I can recommend the Creative Aurvana Live 2.

I bought these in january for ~US$130 (R$600), but they cost around US$100 in the US, this has been my all-around headphone since.

Really nice headphone, lightweight, very good finish, very good earpads and has a nice punchy bass that doesn't hide any frequencies.

One thing to take in consideration, the flat cable that comes with it is junk, its only usable in mobile devices (90% of the time mine is connected to my receiver) due to lenght and the crappy volume control bundled, but good cables for it are not hard to find, cables made for the Sennheiser HD518 and others (2.5mm jack) fit without any issues.

IMG_20170304_172336216.thumb.jpg.0ca37ebf471eb1857aa8a3621fa8569a.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX